Slipknot's #4 has been a loyal Fender user for many years, and his signature Jazzmaster model from the legendary guitar brand is arguably his coolest one so far! Sporting a stealthy Flat Black finish with matching black hardware, the Jim Root Jazzmaster delivers crushing detuned tone and is made specifically for complementing the towering guitarist's heavy playing style.
Key features include Root's favoured EMG 81/60 pickup combination, locking tuners, a shred-worthy 12” to 16" compound radius Ebony fingerboard and jumbo frets for ultimate note control and precision.
Body & Neck
The Jim Root Jazzmaster goes against the grain with its non-typical Fender tonewood combinations. Built around a thick Mahogany slab body, the Jim Root Jazzmaster has a rich sound with deep lows and punchy mids; perfect for hosting the high-output EMG pickups and accommodating drop-tunings.
Joined to the body is a bolt-on, "Modern C"-shaped Maple neck that introduces some essential top-end brightness and snap, adorned with a smooth Ebony fingerboard that offers a luxurious feel under the fingers.
EMG 81/60 Pickups
Jim Root has been associated with EMG for most of his career in Slipknot, and the classic 81/60 active humbucker combination is voiced specifically for handling crushing high-gain amp tones with ease. With a wide dynamic range too, these pickups are able to remain tight and articulate with heavy-gauge strings tuned as low as drop B or A - tunings that the man himself uses.
Beauty in Simplicity
The Jim Root Jazzmaster dispenses with frivolities like a tremolo, rhythm circuit or tone control. With this guitar - only the essentials remain. A simple volume control, 3-way pickup switch and resonant hardtail bridge make this guitar a single-purpose weapon of mass destruction!
- Body: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Satin Urethane
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: None
- Truss Rods: Bi-Flex
- Bridge Pickup: EMG 81
- Neck Pickup: EMG 60
- Controls: Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Hardtail With Block Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Locking
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Strings: Fender USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Large '70s-style Headstock with Jim Root's Signature on the Back, Active EMG Pickups, Black Bezels, Contoured Neck Heel, No Position Inlays on Fingerboard Face, Side Dots Only, No Pickguard, Straplock Ready Strap Buttons, Single "T" Roller String Tree, Side Mounted Output Jack, Rear Routed Control Cavity
- Included Accessories: Strap, Polishing Cloth, Cable, Straplocks, Owner's Manual
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Black Tweed Hardshell