The Hot Rod DeVille IV is a one the newest iteration of a tried and trusted formula that everyone loves. The amp has plenty of juice with 60w of Valve power coming out of 2x Celestion A-type speakers for a gorgeous sparkly clean tone.
The new Celestion speakers have ensured that you get smooth highs, mellow midrange and fat, round lows. The preamp has also been modified so that your overdriven tones retain clarity, no matter how hard you like to push the amp.
You'd be hard pushed to find a better pedal platform amp. 60w is more than enough clean headroom to make all of your pedals sound great - especially your drive pedals.
The Hot Rod DeVille is a classic for a reason and it's clean & dirty tones have been heard on records all around the world.
- Improved preamp circuit for smoother overdriven tones with more clarity than ever before.
- Re-designed reverb for a rich, shimmery tone that never feels overwhelming.
- Improved aesthetics that retain that classic Fender vibe.
Here's what Fender say about the Hot Rod DeVille 212 IV
After listening to feedback from hundreds of players, we’ve redesigned the Hot Rod DeVille 212 IV, updating it with modified preamp circuitry, smoother-sounding spring reverb and updated aesthetics that any player can appreciate. The standard for gigging guitarists worldwide, this scorching 60-watt 2x12” combo delivers the goods and then some with hot-rodded power and performance to spare.
The Hot Rod DeVille 212 IV includes a pair of 12” Celestion® A-Type speakers, which provide powerful, well-balanced output with smooth highs, laid-back midrange and full, round lows. The modified preamp circuitry improves overdriven note definition, so you’ll have sonic clarity no matter how hard you push this amp. The onboard spring reverb has been modified to add smoothness, so you still get rich, shimmering tone, no matter how much reverb you use. The
updated aesthetics include a lightweight pine cabinet, improved control panel texture and graphics, ivory pointer knobs, steel-reinforced strap handle and lightly-aged silver grille cloth, giving it the unmistakable look you can only get from a Fender amp. Pedal-friendly, flexible and reliable, the Hot Rod Deville 212 IV is an ideal addition to any electric guitarist’s amp collection.
- Series: Hot Rod
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Height: 21” (53.34 cm)
- Width: 24.25” (61.59 cm)
- Depth: 10.75” (27.3 cm)
- Weight: 55.25 lbs (25.06 kg)
- Speaker: Two - 12” Celestion® A-Type
- Inputs: Two - (1/4”, Input 2 operates at -6dB)
- Channels: Three - Selectable (Normal, Drive and More Drive)
- Controls: Presence, Reverb, Master Volume, Middle, Bass, Treble, Drive
- Select Switch, Drive Volume, Bright Switch
- Effects: Reverb
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4” Parallel (Internal and External)
- Wattage: 60 Watts
- Preamp Tubes: 3 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes: 2 x 6L6
- Rectifier: Solid State
- Cabinet Material: Lightweight Solid Pine
- Amplifier Covering: Black Textured Vinyl
- Grille Cloth: Lightly-Aged Silver
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Knobs: Chicken-Head Style Pointer - Ivory
- Black Black
- Pilot Light Jewel: Red Jewel
- Footswitch: 2-Button Footswitch Included
- Cover: Included