The Hot Rod Deluxe is one of the worlds most famous and popular amps and has been for a long time - and for good reason. This new Hot Rod Deluxe IV has had some serious upgrades to take it to the next level.
- Fender have improved the drive channels to give you truly useable overdrive and distortion from the 2 drive channels. In total the Hot Rod Deluxe has 3 channels - Normal, Drive and More Drive.
- The new Celestion A-type 12" speaker has a well-rounded response with smooth highs, laid-back midrange and fat lows. This is one of the major upgrades that Fender users have been crying out for.
- A new improved Reverb circuit to give you smoother, richer Reverb tones, no matter how loud you have the verb dialled in.
- Subtle cosmetic upgrades that still retain that classic Fender look.
The Ultimate Pedal Platform
What makes the Hot Rod Deluxe such a popular amp is the fact that it has enough headroom to get a fantastic clean sound at high volumes. In turn, this means it takes pedals incredibly well. It gives all pedals a great platform to truly shine and sound the way they were designed to sound.
You'll make the most of your drive pedals running into a stunning clean amp like the Hot Rod Deluxe.
Here's what Fender say about the Hot Rod Deluxe IV
An updated version of the legendary amplifier that’s been the heart of many guitarists’ rigs, the Hot Rod Deluxe IV features modified preamp circuitry, smoother-sounding spring reverb and updated aesthetics that any player is sure to appreciate. A supercharged amp decked out with player-requested features, this scorching 40-watt 1x12" combo is ideal for guitarists who need hotrodded power with performance to spare.
The Hot Rod Deluxe IV includes a 12" Celestion® A-Type speaker for well-balanced output with smooth highs, laid-back midrange and full, round lows. The modified preamp circuitry improves overdriven note definition, so you'll have articulate sound no matter how hard you push this amp. The onboard spring reverb has been modified to add smoothness, so you still get rich, shimmering tone, no matter how much reverb you use.
The updated aesthetics include a lightweight pine cabinet, improved control panel texture and graphics, ivory pointer knobs, steel-reinforced strap handle and lightly-aged silver grille cloth, giving it the unmistakable look and vibe you can only get from a Fender amp. Reliable, flexible and pedal friendly, the Hot Rod Deluxe IV is an ideal addition to any electric guitarist’s amp collection.
- Series: Hot Rod
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Height: 18.75” (47.6 cm)
- Width: 23.5” (59.7 cm)
- Depth: 10.5” (26.7 cm)
- Weight: 41 lbs. (18.59 kg)
- Speaker: One - 12” Celestion® A-Type
- Inputs: Two - (1/4”, Input 2 operates at -6dB)
- Channels: Three - Selectable (Normal, Drive and More Drive)
- Controls: Presence, Reverb, Master Volume, Middle, Bass, Treble, Drive
- Select Switch, Drive Volume, Bright Switch
- Effects: Reverb
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4” Parallel (Internal and External)
- Wattage: 40 Watts
- Preamp Tubes: 3 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes: 2 x 6L6
- Rectifier: Solid State
- Cabinet Material: Lightweight Solid Pine
- Covering: Black Textured Vinyl
- Grille Cloth: Lightly-Aged Silver
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Knobs: Chicken-Head Style Pointer - Ivory
- Pilot Light Jewel: Red Jewel
- Footswitch: 2-Button Footswitch Included
- Cover: Included