Inspired by jazz guitarist George Benson, the all-tube GB Twin Reverb amp produces rich, punchy tone with a smooth attack and great sustain. The GB Twin Reverb is an updated version of the venerable classic amplifier that has been tweaked to satisfy Benson's discerning ears. The first tube on the Normal channel has been swapped for a 12AY7 tube, providing an alternate low-gain voice that's ideal for smooth clean tone with complex midrange.
This amp looks stunning and combines refined sound with a lighter weight to make this a great stage amp. Benson demands punch, power and tonality from his equipment, and this dual-channel combo delivers all three. Just imagine pairing this with an archtop or even a Gearge Benson signature guitar for some mellow jazz tones.
Built on a classic
The tradtional Twin Reverb has been a popular amp for years and this takes the classic sound and build of that model and fine tune's the edges to make this great for driven jazzy tones.
Powerful yet refined speakers
This amp has great articulation and responds really well across the tonal spectrum. A pair of neodymium 12" 8-ohm Jensen® Tornado 12 speakers reproduces Benson's dynamic attack, with shimmering highs and plenty of bite when you push the overdrive.
- Series: Artist Signature Amplifier Type: Tube
- Speaker: Two - 12" Jensen® Tornado
- Inputs: Four - (1/4", Two Normal and Two Vibrato)
- Channels: Two - (Normal and Vibrato) Wattage: 85 Watts at 4 ohms
- Preamp Tubes: 3 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AY7, 2 x 12AT7 Power Tubes: 4 x 6L6
- Cabinet Material: Lightweight Pine
- Covering/Grille Cloth: Silver Textured Vinyl, Black and Silver Strand
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Black Plastic and Knurled Chrome, Vintage-Style Skirted Black
- Knobs: Plastic Pilot Light Jewel: Red Jewel
- Weight: 55 lbs.