The Fender Professional Strat is one of those guitars that needs no introduction. It's got the classic look and sound that can be heard on countless records since the 50s! With V-Mod and Shawbucker pickups, a fantastic fret design that makes bending a breeze and a comfortable tapered neck for even better playing comfort.
The HSS model is regarded as a 'superstrat' due to its immense versatility. Having the best of both worlds with a bridge humbucker and the singlecoil neck and middle giving you those sought after out-of-phase Strat sounds.
The American Professional range has replaced the American Standards. Made in America with high-end hardware and each one comes with an Elite hardshell case.
The Bridge humbucker was designed by Tim Shaw and is renowned as the go-to Fender humbucker thanks to it's bite and power without ever being overwhelming.
The V-mod pickups have each been voiced for their position in the guitar rather than the same pickup put into each position as they were before. The new V-Mod pickups are a combination of Alnico so that you can optimise the volume (and tone) of each string in each position.
Each pickup is made up of a blend of Alnico magnet types for the neck and middle pickup (Such as Alnico V or Alnico II). The American Professional models also have the Treble Bleed Circuit which keeps the trebles pronounced, even when turning the volume down.
The neck shape is the new Deep C profile which is a tapered neck. This means it’s thinner at the headstock end where you play chords and may want to get your thumb over the top to fret the E-String. The neck flattens out the higher up you go to make faster playing a bit easier and a bit more fluid.
The Rosewood fretboard also gives you a bit more warmth and depth of tone than Maple would.
The Narrow-Tall frets make bending a little bit easier as they don’t provide as much friction or resistance as vintage frets do. And because they’re slightly narrower, it gives the actually fret spacing a little more room. It’s an incremental change, but every little helps…
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Rosewood, Modern “Deep C”
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dot (Maple), White Dot (Rosewood)
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles and Pop-In Tremolo Arm
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green (700, 706), 3-Ply Parchment (705, 747, 748, 776)
- Pickups: Shawbucker™ 1 (Bridge), V-Mod Single-Coil Strat (Middle), V-Mod
- Single-Coil Strat (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Special Electronics: Dual 250K/500K Volume Potentiometer
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case