The Fender American Professional Strat is one of those guitars that needs no introduction. It's got the classic look and sound that’s defined countless records since the ‘50s. For this FSR edition, Fender have equipped the American Pro Strat with ’69 Custom Shop pickups, a 2-point trem and of course, a Roasted Maple neck.
Body & Neck
Ash was the tonewood of choice for the earliest Fender designs, back in the '50s - the first mass produced electric guitars. Ash is known for its balanced resonance with a slight scoop in the midrange, as well as its more reserved grain patterns. Combine this grain with the eye-popping Aged Cherry Burst finish and you’ve got a truly spellbinding instrument.
A Maple neck is familiar territory for Fender, particularly the American Pro range. But in this case, it’s Roasted Maple. Not only do you get plenty of top-end sparkle, but the Roasted Maple’s golden hue is a sight to behold. Jumbo frets and a modern deep C neck shape provide a hearty but comfortable feel.
Electronics & Hardware
If you’re after that authentic ‘60s Strat sound, this model certainly won’t disappoint. Fender have loaded it with 3 Custom Shop ’69 singlecoils. These essentially deliver the sizzling Strat spank that you know and love, but without the associated noise. Master controls and a 5-way switch provide the usual Strat versatility that’ll simply get the job done.
With a model like this, it’s important to strike the balance between vintage class and modern functionality. Chrome hardware, including Fender locking tuners and a 2-point synchronised tremolo ensure that despite its pretty appearance, this a working musician’s instrument through and through.
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Color: Aged Cherry Burst
- Neck Material: 1-piece Roasted Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern Deep C
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Roasted Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dots
- Number of Frets: 22, Jumbo, Nickel Silver
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.6875"
- Nut Material: Bone
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge/Tailpiece: 2-point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles
- Tuners: Fender Locking
- Neck Pickup: '69 Custom Shop Single-coil
- Middle Pickup: '69 Custom Shop Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: '69 Custom Shop Single-coil
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 2 x tone, 5-way blade pickup switch
- Case Included: Hardshell Case