The Fender American Performer Strat is one of the most affordable US-made guitars available in Fender's catalogue. This instrument beautifully displays Fender's class-leading craftsmanship in all of its glory.
With the typical features that you'd expect on a Stratocaster, the Raw Ash American Performer boasts some thoughtful modern appointments to bring it up to scratch. Sporting covered Yosemite pickups, the desirable 'Greasebucket' tone circuit and of course a satin Raw Ash finish, this is a truly standout workhorse instrument.
Fender's long-established tonewood combinations remain intact with the American Performer Strat. The original Ash body ensures balanced lows, lively mids and a crisp top-end, serving as the perfect tonal foundation for the bright-sounding single-coils. With the grain left exposed and a satin finish, this Strat is a real head-turner.
The body is paired with a satin Maple neck, accentuating the highs even more to allow your playing to really cut through in a mix. The bolt-on construction also gives notes a definitive snap, so that you can play with plenty of articulation.
The Raw Ash Performer Strat comes with a trio Fender's new Yosemite single-coils. These pickups are designed to project rich and expressive tones. With flat-staggered pole pieces that increase their output, these pickups also have a shellac coating that controls feedback without choking their sound.
You also get a push/pull tone control that lets you add the neck pickup in any switch position, for even more tonal possibilities. Finally, the 'Greasebucket' tone circuit lets you roll off the top-end without adding any bass frequencies, so you can use your tone controls in a dynamic way.
While the electronics will appeal to contemporary players, the hardware leans more towards tradition. A 6-screw vintage-style synchronised tremolo and Fender ClassicGear tuners offer a smooth feel, precise pitching and total control over your expression.
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Satin Polyurethane (Raw Ash)
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: ClassicGear
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Yosemite Single-Coil Stratocaster (Bridge/Middle/Neck – covered)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup (Push/Pull Switch upon Tone 2 adds Neck Pickup in Parallel), Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup (Push/Pull Switch up on Tone 2 adds Neck Pickup in Parallel), Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck & Middle Pickup), Tone 2. Grease-bucket Tone Circuit (Bridge Pickup)
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag