Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour Pink Floyd NOS Strat
The guitar that helped Pink Floyd take on the world. The Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour Signature Stratocaster is inspired by the rig Gilmour has used for decades. David Gilmour and the Fender Custom Shop are extremely proud to release one of the most iconic and highly-anticipated musical instruments of the past 50 years, the Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour Signature Series Stratocaster, based on David's famous "Black Strat" guitar.
A cornerstone of Pink Floyd's revolutionary and incomparable sound, Gilmour's Black Strat is featured extensively on The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall and his critically-acclaimed 2006 solo effort, On An Island.
The Stratocaster has been the backbone of rock music since its release in 1954 and the list of artists who rely on them each day is endless. The Fender Custom Shop worked hand-in-hand with David and his longstanding guitar technician, Phil Taylor, to create his signature model, a reproduction of the Black Strat-complete with its unmistakable look, sound and feel. Featuring a Black lacquer over Three-color Sunburst alder body with a black pickguard, one-piece maple neck, custom pickups, and David's now-famous electronics and shortened vintage tremolo arm, the David Gilmour Signature Series Stratocaster is as beautiful, powerful and idiosyncratic as David's playing.
What's the difference between this and the Relic version? This NOS (New Old Stock) version has not been put through the Fender Custom Shop special ageing techniques. The guitar looks as the original did when it was brand new (but with David's modifications), hence the name New Old Stock. This really is as close as you can get to the original classic
Fender Custom Artists
The world’s greatest artists have come to the Fender Custom Shop for decades in search of their perfect instruments. They are able to offer the same artist instruments to you, built in the same shop by the same skilled craftsmen. Each guitar gets the attention of a master craftsman so when you pick up a custom shop guitar you can see the difference.. They are simply flawless.
- Model Name: David Gilmour Signature Stratocaster® NOS, Maple Fingerboard, Black
- Model Number: 0150068806
- Series: Artist
- Color: Black
- Body Material: Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1983 Thin-Shouldered "C" (.790" to .870" Taper)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.675" (42.5 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Serialized
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® SSL-5 Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Custom-Wound Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo with Custom Beveled Tremolo Block and Shortened Tremolo Arm
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tremolo Arm Handle: Custom Shortened Tremolo Arm
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Switch Tips: Black
- Modern Wiring Kit: Includes Modern Wiring Kit
- Auxiliary Switching: 2-Position Toggle Pickup Enhancement Switch
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Thin-Shouldered "C" Neck Shape Duplicated from David's 1983 U.S. Vintage '57 Strat® Neck, Custom Shortened Tremolo Arm, Custom Beveled Tremolo Block, No Back Tremolo Cover Plate, Black Dot Position Inlays (Narrow Spacing), Aged White Pickup Covers, Aged Parchment Control Knobs Covers, A Faithful Re-creation of David's Infamous "Black Strat", The First 500 Sold in Either Finish Option will Include a Limited Edition, Signed Copy of "The Black Strat" Book, Autographed by the Author, David's Long-Standing Guitar Tech, Phil Taylor.
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Black Hardshell Case, Custom Leather Strap, GHS® DG Boomers Strings, David Gilmour's Three Disc "Live In Gdansk" CD and DVD Package, a Copy of Phil Taylor's "The Black Strat" Book and the Certificate of Authenticity
- Picks: Includes 4-Pack of Custom Shop Picks
Next Delivery Due: Friday, 30 November 2018
Not currently in stock. We have ordered stock of this item.
- Order now & we will ship to you as soon as we receive stock.
More Stock Arriving Soon
- Estimated arrival date: Friday, 30 November 2018
- Please note this date is subject to change
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.