Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
Back in 1950, Fender brought the electric solid-body guitar to life – Ash body, Maple neck, 2 single-coil pickups and that iconic translucent blonde nitrocellulose finish. They called it the Broadcaster, and it was famously short-lived thanks to a trademark dispute with Gretsch.
To honour the 70th Anniversary of this near-mythical instrument, Fender’s Custom Shop has resurrected the Broadcaster for an ultra-special limited run. This stunning Time Capsule model is a true vintage Fender experience like no other!
Body & Neck
Make no mistake – this guitar is authentic down to the finest detail. Ash was famously used extensively by Fender in the early years due to its availability – it became synonymous with the Fender single-coil sound. The CS Broadcaster’s body features an offset seam between the Ash body pieces, just like the original, and of course a replicated Time Capsule finish - aged without the wear and tear.
The one-piece rift-sawn Maple neck features a carefully-calculated ‘50s U profile, complete with a compound radius – highly innovative for its time, and a crucial detail to the authenticity of this instrument.
21 medium vintage frets are combined with a tinted flash coat lacquer finish. This provides a comfortable, familiar playability, not to mention a beautiful golden hue to the neck.
Hardware & Electronics
One element that’s remained largely unchanged with the Broadcaster’s descendants is the dual single-coil configuration with 3-way switching. For the 70th Anniversary model, Fender’s Custom Shop have opted for a set of hand-wound ’50-’51 Blackguard pickups with ’51 modded Nocaster wiring.
This means that you get a master control and a blend control rather than the more familiar tone control, as well as a little more brightness in the neck position. This provides a truly unique tone that’ll surprise and inspire you in equal measure.
The guitar comes with a the full ‘case candy’ kit containing a 70th anniversary neck plate, Fat ’50s control assembly and original Broadcaster sales flyer reprint. You’ll also get a deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
- Body: 2-piece offset seam Ash
- Body Finish: Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Tinted Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '50 Broadcaster U
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" to 9.5" Compound Radius (184mm to 241mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Medium Vintage
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.630” (41.4mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '50-'51 Blackguard
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '50-'51 Blackguard
- Controls: Volume, Blend
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup With Blender, Position 2. Neck Pickup with Volume, Position 3. Neck Pickup with Volume, 10K Resistor and .001uF Capacitor.
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black Phenolic
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Bridge: 3-Saddle '50 Broadcaster with Brass Saddles
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)