The Jazz bass is among some of the most recognisable instruments of all time. Originally intended, as the name suggests, for the upmarket jazz crowd, it surpassed all expectations, becoming a go-to bass guitar for everyone from Jaco Pastorius to RHCP's Flea. For the Contemporary Series, Squier have injected the classic Jazz bass design with modern playability and a revitalised sound!
Body & Neck
In a departure from the norm, Squier have opted for a Poplar body. A common alternative to Fender's most commonly used tonewood, Alder, it offers a similarly mid-rich tone with a little extra brightness. This means your basslines will be pronounced and resonant, perfect for cutting through complex mixes.
For the neck, they've chosen the familiar satin Maple C-shape configuration, offering a snappy response and comfortable playability. Top if off with an Indian Laurel fretboard, and you've got a resonant combination that'll deliver a tone with heaps of depth and definition.
Last but by no means least, aesthetics; stunning gloss polyurethane finishes will remain bright and striking for years to come. And they're not just used for the body either - Squier have gone for the ol' matching headstock trick. You'' be turning heads in no time!
Hardware & Electronics
Chrome hardware is used throughout; combined with the standard open-gear tuners, 3-ply parchment pickguard and 4-saddle bridge, your left with more than a handful of retro undertones, respectful of the Jazz bass' rich heritage.
For pickups, Squier have provided two ceramic single-coils. Ceramic pickups are known for the supreme clarity and relatively high output, ensuring a punchy, modern response suited to anything you throw at it.
- Series: Contemporary
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, “C” Shape
- Neck Finish: Natural Satin with Gloss Matching Headstock
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 20, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Cream Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.5” (38.1 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Standard
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Ceramic Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge),
- Ceramic Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: None
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Chrome