With it's simple design & powerful bridge pickup, the Telecaster has been the number one choice for many guitarists for over 50 years. Original versions of the 60's Telecaster now change hands for a small fortune. Due to this interest Fender have created the Classic 60's Telecaster, a guitar that looks and feels like much like a vintage Strat, but is built using modern manufacturing techniques, which improves consistency and dramatically reduces the price! The Classic 60's Teles are available in a range of authentic vintage finishes & come equipped with Fender Vintage Style single coil pickups.
Here's what Fender say about the Classic 60s Tele
Few guitars shaped more styles of music in the 50's and 60's than the Telecaster guitar. From James Burton to the Beatles, the Telecaster was at the heart of popular music. And we still make them like we used to, with two single-coil Alnico pickups, vintage bridges and knurled chrome knobs. The 60's Telecaster features an alder body, a maple neck with a Pau Ferro fingerboard, and a three-ply mint green pickguard.
- Model Name 60's Telecaster.
- Series Classic Series.
- Colors Olympic White, Candy Apple Red, Black.
- Body Alder.
- Neck Maple, C Shape.
- Fingerboard Pau Ferro 7.25" Radius (184mm).
- No. of Frets 21 Vintage Style Frets.
- Pickups 2 Vintage Style Single-Coil Tele Pickups with Alnico Magnets (Neck & Bridge).
- Bridge Vintage Style 3-Saddle Strings-Thru-Body Tele Bridge.
- Machine Heads Fender/Ping Vintage Style Tuning Machines.
- Hardware Chrome.
- Pickguard 3-Ply Mint Green.
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm).
- Width at Nut 1.650" (41.2 mm).
- Accessories Deluxe Gig Bag.