Fender Strats of the early 60's are some of the most sought after guitars in the world. The early 60's saw the introduction of the C shape neck profile, and saw the last of the "pre CBS take over" production.
Due to this interest Fender have created the Classic 60's Stratocaster, a guitar that looks and feels like much like a vintage Strat, but is built using modern manufacturing techniques, which improves consistency and dramatically reduces the price! The Classic 60's Strats are available in a range of authentic vintage finishes & come equipped with Fender Vintage Style single coil pickups.
Here's what Fender say about the Classic 60s Strat
During a time when musicians were altering, incinerating and evoking sounds never experienced or imagined by the folks at the Fender factory, rock music came into its own and the Stratocaster guitar became a countercultural symbol. The 60's Stratocaster, with its Pau Ferro fingerboard, multi-ply pickguard and vintage hardware, captures that amazing and groundbreaking chapter in Fender history.
- Model Name 60's Stratocaster.
- Series Classic Series.
- Colors 3-Color Sunburst, Lake Placid Blue, Black, Candy Apple Red, Inca Silver, Burgundy Mist.
- Body Alder.
- Neck Maple, C Shape.
- Fingerboard Pau Ferro, 7.25" Radius (184mm).
- No. of Frets 21 Vintage Style Frets.
- Pickups 3 Vintage Style Single-Coil Strat Pickups with Staggered Pole Pieces, Alnico Magnets, Aged Covers.
- Bridge Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo.
- Machine Heads Fender/Ping Vintage Style Tuning Machines.
- Hardware Chrome.
- Pickguard 3-Ply Mint Green.
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm).
- Width at Nut 1.650" (42 mm).
- Accessories Deluxe Gig Bag.