The Fender CD-60SCE combines comfortable playability, great tone, and built-in Fishman electronics into one affordable acoustic guitar. This 12-string model is accessible for all skill levels and is ideal for those looking to add something different to their arsenal.
The dreadnought is arguably the most popular acoustic guitar shape in the world, and for good reason. Dreadnoughts are known for being one of the louder body shapes thanks to its big sound and excellent projection and this model has a cutaway which makes it easier to reach those upper frets. With a booming bass and lower-midrange response, you're sure to be heard with a dreadnought. This shape is responsive to both strumming and fingerpicking so it'll handle whatever style you throw at it. This model has a laminate mahogany back and sides which provides some tonal warmth and punch, and has a solid spruce top for a balanced sound.
This model is a 12-string guitar. 12-string guitars have 6 pairs of strings, with the lower 3 usually tuned in pairs of octaves and the upper 3 pairs are tuned to the same note as each other. The result is a natural chorus effect that sounds like two guitars playing at once. With a 12-string you get a rich, full sound, with an incredible bell-like ring that'll instantly reinvigorate your playing.
The CD-60SCE has Fender's 'Easy-to-Play' neck which features rolled fingerboard edges. Players of all skill-levels will enjoy this neck profile but especially beginners and those unfamiliar with acoustic guitars as the neck feels immediately comfortable in the hand so you can spend more time focussing on your playing.
For playing gigs or for easy recording, the CD-60SCE comes with built-in Fishman electronics. The preamp features an onboard tuner, as well as volume, bass, and treble controls for shaping your tone. With the built-in electronics in the CD-60SCE, you can take it straight out the box and jump right into performing live or recording.
- Body Back: Mahogany
- Body Sides: Mahogany
- Body Top: Solid Spruce
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Dreadnought 12-String
- Body Binding: Multiple
- Bracing: Quartersawn Scalloped "X"
- Rosette: CD Series Pearloid
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply Black
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: Fender® 'Easy-to-Play' shape with rolled fretboard edges
- Scale Length: 25.3" (643 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Nut Material: Crème Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.77" (45 mm)
- Position Inlays: 3mm Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
Electronics & Hardware
- Controls: Volume, Treble, Bass
- Special Electronics: Fishman® CD Preamp
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Bridge Pins: White with Black Dots
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Die-Cast
- Pickguard: Black
- Strings: Fender® Dura-Tone® Coated 80/20 Bronze (.012-.052 Gauge)