Here's what Fender says about the CD-60S:
The CD-60S All-Mahogany adds a solid mahogany top to one of our most popular models for a distinctly organic flavor. It is ideal for players looking for a high-quality affordable dreadnought with great tone and excellent playability. Featuring the new easy-to-play neck, and mahogany back and sides, the CD-60S All-Mahogany is perfect for the couch, the beach or the coffeehouse—anywhere you want classic Fender playability and sound.
Featuring alluring grain patterns and warm, rich tone, this instrument's mahogany top responds well to any acoustic playing style, from hard strumming to fast flatpicking or delicate fingerpicking.
With it's comfortably rolled fingerboard edges, this intrument's neck creates an incredibly comfortable fret-hand feel that's ideal for beginning players or experienced pros alike.
Mahogany Back & Sides
Along with its staggering cosmetic vibe, a resonant combination of mahogany back and sides delivers balanced tone with plenty of volume and midrange.
- Dreadnought body style
- Solid mahogany top with scalloped "X"-bracing
- Mahogany back and sides
- Easy-to-play neck with rolled fingerboard edges
- Body Back: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Sides: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Top: Solid Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Body Binding: Multiple
- Bracing: Quartersawn Scalloped "X"
- Rosette: CD Series Pearloid
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply Black
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: Fender® 'Easy-to-Play' shape with rolled fretboard edges
- Scale Length: 25.3" (643 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Walnut
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Nut Material: Crème Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.69" (43 mm)
- Position Inlays: 3mm Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Bridge: Walnut
- Bridge Pins: White with Black Dots
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Die-Cast
- Pickguard: Black
- Strings: Fender® Dura-Tone® Coated 80/20 Bronze (.012-.052 Gauge)