Widely regarded as one of the best bass amps in history the Blackface Bassman, released 1952, has been taken off the shelf, given a modern tech makeover, and is ready to rock. If you're a gigging musician who needs enough power to stand up against a band at full volume the Fender Bassman 500 is the amp for you, getting as close as possible to the sound of the vintage classic. With enough power for medium to larger gigs it partners up perfectly with Bassman Pro Series Cabs.
Whether you prefer to mic up or D.I your rig on stage the Bassman 500 will give you clear, great sounding tone and with 500 watts you have plenty of headroom to play with. Weighing in at 7.7kg, quite a bit lighter than most bass amps, it's the sort of unit you can easily add to your everyday rig without needing to hire a roadie to carry it for you.
Set your sound
With 2 channels, vintage tone and overdrive, controlled by the supplied footswitch you get plenty of variety in your tone. Both channels have fully adjustable EQ controls, the amp also includes a tuner and effects loop.
Here's what Fender have to say about the Bassman 500The Bassman 500 combines Fender's world-standard Blackface tube preamp with a lightweight 500 watt Class D power amp. It uses modern technology to maximize vintage vibe, with Fender '60s Blackface styling and a wealth of innovative features on the front and rear panels. Its dual-channel design features a vintage channel that delivers the full, warm sound of classic Fender amps with a passive tone stack and an overdrive channel that delivers the aggressive and responsive sound of a modern active tone stack (choose between channels with included footswitch). The Bassman 500 mates perfectly with Bassman Pro Series Neo speaker cabinets and Rumble V3 410/115 cabinets.
- Series: Bassman PRO
- Amplifier Type: Tube/Class-D Hybrid
- Weight: 17 lbs (7.7 kg)
- Height: 8.6" (21.7 cm)
- Width: 22.7" (57.6 cm)
- Depth: 10.5" (26.7 cm)
- Wattage: 500 Watts @ 4 ohms
- Preamp Tubes: 2 x 12AX7
- Inputs: Two - (1/4", Input 2 is at -6dB)
- Channels: Two - (Vintage & Overdrive)
- Controls: Vintage - VOL, BASS (pull DEEP), MID, TREBLE (pull BRIGHT); Overdrive - GAIN, BLEND, VOL, BASS (pull DEEP), MID FREQ, MID LVL, TREBLE (pull BRIGHT); MASTER (pull MUTE)
- Effects: Tube Overdrive
- Effects Loop: 1/4" - (Preamp Out, Power Amp In)
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4" Parallel
- Line Out: One - (Balanced XLR with Level Control, Pre/Post EQ Switch,
- and Ground Lift)
- Footswitch: 1-Button Footswitch Included
- Handle: Molded Rubber "Dog Bone" Style
- Knobs: Vintage-Style Skirted Black Plastic
- Pilot LIght Jewel: Red
- Other Features: Arena power and stage presence that weighs only 17 lbs. (7.7 Kg), Speaker Output 'Mute' for silent recording, Tuner Output, Effects Loop, Switchable Overdrive
- Covering/Grille Cloth: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver Grille Cloth
- Amp Cover: Fitted Cover Included