The American Professional Tele sets the bar for Fender’s earliest solid-body design. It has the classic look and distinctly twangy sound that’s defined countless records since the ‘50s. For this limited edition model, Fender have combined Tim Shaw-designed V-mod single coils with a beautiful roasted maple neck and fingerboard combo – a truly rare, standout instrument.
The alder body provides a classic balanced tone with a slight midrange emphasis. This provides a brilliant tonal blank canvas to sculpt your own sound with, particularly well-complemented by the V-mod pickups.
Make no mistake, the deep C roasted Maple neck and matching fretboard is the headline feature here. It’s not often you see roasted woods on Fender guitars - a truly luxurious appointment. This wood is lauded for its emphasised tonal attack, giving the Alder sound a real fiery edge.
Electronics & Hardware
The V-mod pickups have each been voiced perfectly for each position in the guitar. V-Mod pickups are a combination of Alnico magnet types, calibrated for an optimal tonal response. They can produce vintage twang and bright modern clarity without breaking a sweat.
The hardware strikes the perfect balance between modern tone machine and old-school class. The 3-saddle bridge ensures that the tonewoods are able to sing just like the Teles of old, while the tuners are refined and precise – a real workhorse.
- COLOUR: Daphne Blue
- BODY: Alder
- BODY FINISH: Gloss Polyurethane
- BODY SHAPE: Telecaster®
- NECK MATERIAL: Roasted Maple
- NECK FINISH: Satin Urethane Finish
- NECK SHAPE: Modern "Deep C"
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.5" (648 mm)
- FINGERBOARD: Maple
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS: 9.5" (241 mm)
- NUMBER OF FRETS: 22
- FRETS SIZE: Narrow Tall
- STRING NUT: Bone
- POSITION INLAYS: Black Dots
Hardware and Electronics
- BRIDGE PICKUP: V-Mod Single-Coil Telecaster®
- NECK PICKUP: Shawbucker neck humbucker
- CONTROLS: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Master Tone
- PICKUP SWITCHING: 3-Position Blade
- BRIDGE: 3-Saddle, Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Compensated Brass Saddles, 6 screw mounting with removable modern "Ashtray" Bridge Cover
- HARDWARE FINISH: Nickel/Chrome
- TUNING MACHINES: Fender® Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered