The Fender Professional Tele is one of those guitars that needs no introduction. It's got the classic look and that twangy sound that can be heard on countless records since the 50s! With V-Mod pickups, a fantastic fret design that makes bending a breeze and a comfortable tapered neck for even better playing comfort.
The Maple fretboard also gives you a bit more attack and biteand depth of tone than Rosewood would. This is a Tele on steroids!
The American Professional range has replaced the American Standards. Made in America with high-end hardware and each one comes with an Elite hardshell case.
The V-mod pickups have each been voiced for their position in the guitar rather than the same pickup put into each position as they were before. The new V-Mod pickups are a combination of Alnico so that you can optimise the volume (and tone) of each string in each position.
Each pickup is made up of a blend of Alnico magnet types (Such as Alnico V or Alnico II).
The American professional models also have the Treble Bleed Circuit which keeps the trebles pronounced, even when turning the volume down.
The neck shape is the new Deep C profile which is a tapered neck. This means it’s thinner at the headstock end where you play chords and may want to get your thumb over the top to fret the E-String. The neck flattens out the higher up you go to make faster playing a bit easier and a bit more fluid.
The Narrow-Tall frets make bending a little bit easier as they don’t provide as much friction or resistance as vintage frets do. And because they’re slightly narrower, it gives the actually fret spacing a little more room. It’s an incremental change, but every little helps…
Here's what Fender say about the Tele
Fender is guided by one clear, simple directive: make life better for musicians. While the original Telecaster certainly did that (and then some), we weren’t content to rest on our laurels. Our team of mad scientists examined every component in near-microscopic detail. If we were able to improve it with a new design or modern materials we did; if it didn’t need improvement, we left it alone. When the wood chips and solder fumes settled, what was left was the American Professional Telecaster—everything you need to play your best.
Developed by vintage pickup master Tim Shaw, the brand-new V-Mod single-coil pickups are voiced specifically for each position, mixing alnico magnet types to produce powerful, nuanced tones with original Fender sonic DNA. The newly redesigned Telecaster bridge sports three compensated brass barrel saddles for the perfect combination of vintage style with modern feel and performance.
Retain high end clarity when adjusting the volume controls, thanks to the new treble-bleed tone circuit that lets your tone shine through in all its glory. The new modern “Deep C”- shaped neck profile feels just right in your hand while the narrow-tall frets make it easy to bend strings accurately and play perfectly intonated chords.
The best of yesterday and today, the American Professional Telecaster is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender. Step up and stake your claim to a legend.
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Alder (700, 705, 706, 748, 785), Ash (703, 721, 738, 750)
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern “Deep C”
- Neck Finish:
- Gloss Urethane Front, Satin Urethane Back (Maple), Satin Urethane
- Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Fingerboard: Maple or Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dot (Maple), White Dot (Rosewood)
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- 3-Saddle, Strings-Through-Body Tele with Compensated Brass
- Saddles, 6 screw mounting with removable modern ”Ashtray”
- Bridge Cover
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black (750), 3-Ply Black (721, 738), 3-Ply Mint Green (703,
- 705, 706), 3-Ply Parchment (700, 748, 785)
- Pickups: V-Mod Single-Coil Telecaster (Bridge), V-Mod Single-Coil Telecaster
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and
- Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case