The Fender Professional Tele Deluxe is one of those guitars that needs no introduction. It's got the classic look of a Tele but with a bit more punch and power. With Shawbucker pickups, a fantastic fret design that makes bending a breeze and a comfortable tapered neck for even better playing comfort.
The Rosewood fretboard also gives you a bit more warmth and depth of tone than Maple would. This is a Tele on steroids!
The American Professional range has replaced the American Standards. Made in America with high-end hardware and each one comes with an official Fender hardshell case.
The Bridge & Neck humbucker was designed by Tim Shaw and is renowned as the go-to Fender humbucker thanks to it's bite and power without ever being overwhelming.
The American professional models also have the Treble Bleed Circuit which keeps the trebles pronounced, even when turning the volume down.
The neck shape is the new Deep C profile which is a tapered neck. This means it’s thinner at the headstock end where you play chords and may want to get your thumb over the top to fret the E-String. The neck flattens out the higher up you go to make faster playing a bit easier and a bit more fluid.
The Narrow-Tall frets make bending a little bit easier as they don’t provide as much friction or resistance as vintage frets do. And because they’re slightly narrower, it gives the actually fret spacing a little more room. It’s an incremental change, but every little helps…
Here's what Fender say
In the late ‘60s and early ‘70s guitarists wanted hum-free tone based on the sound of an amp about to blow up. You asked—so we listened and created the Telecaster Deluxe in 1973. Today’s version, the American Professional Telecaster Deluxe ShawBucker, brings modern, playeroriented features to the stage and studio, and can still make an amp sizzle without breaking a sweat.
With its flexible sound and vintage-voiced pickups, the Telecaster Deluxe adds a touch of girth to the traditional Telecaster twang and bite. From pop and punk to the most brutal modern metal, the Telecaster Deluxe has powered countless recordings and infinite stages, creating the music we love.
The pair of warm, rich-sounding ShawBucker humbucking pickups are voiced specifically for each position, producing powerful, nuanced tones with original Fender sonic DNA. Retain high end clarity when adjusting the volume controls, thanks to the new treble-bleed tone circuit that
lets your tone shine through in all its glory. The new modern “Deep C”-shaped neck profile feels just right in your hand while the narrow-tall frets make it easy to bend strings accurately and play perfectly intonated chords.
The best of yesterday and today, the American Professional Telecaster Deluxe ShawBucker is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender.
Step up and stake your claim to a legend.
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Alder (700, 706, 748), Ash (721)
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern “Deep C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front
- Fingerboard: Maple or Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dot (Maple), White Dot (Rosewood)
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Strat Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black (700, 706, 721), 3-Ply Parchment (748)
- Pickups: Shawbucker™ 2T (Bridge), Shawbucker™ 1T (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Up: Neck Pickup, Middle: Bridge and Neck Pickups,
- Down: Bridge Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup w/ Treble Bleed), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup w/ Treble Bleed), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Control Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case: Fender Official Hard Case