The Fender Professional P Bass is one of those basses that needs no introduction. It's got the classic look and sound that can be heard on countless records since the 50s! With V-Mod pickups, a fantastic fret design, and a comfortable '63 neck for even better playing comfort.
The Rosewood fretboard also gives you a bit more warmth and depth of tone than Maple would. Not to mention the Posiflex Graphite Rods that reinforce the neck to avoid unwanted movement changing the action and feel of the bass.
The American Professional range has replaced the American Standards. Made in America with high-end hardware and each one comes with an Elite hardshell case.
The V-Mod Precision pickups are classic-sounding Fender split-coil pickups that have high output with the vintage warmth and clarity that you want from a legendary bass!
The neck shape is the '63 P Bass neck shape with a Satin back giving you a smooth fretting hand feel. '63 was considered the golden era for P Bass neck shapes and so this modern instrument gives you the feel of an old guitar, but with modern functionality and reliability.
The Narrow-Tall frets create more accurate intonation. They're taller than vintage frets but of similar width (rather than medium jumbo etc.) And because they’re slightly narrower, it gives the actually fret spacing a little more room. It’s an incremental change, but every little helps…
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, “1963 C”
- Neck Finish:
- Gloss Urethane Front, Satin Urethane Back
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 20, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dot (Maple), White Dot (Rosewood)
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
Hardware and Electronics
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Pickups: V-Mod Split Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome