The Fender Professional Jazz Bass is one of those basses that needs no introduction. It's got the classic J-Bass look and sound that can be heard on countless records since the '50s! With Michael Bump V-Mod pickups, a fantastic fret design, and a comfortable slim modern C shaped neck for even better playing comfort. The V has the fatness of a low B string to give you even more bass!
The Maple fretboard also gives you a bit more attack than Rosewood would. Not to mention the Posiflex Graphite Rods that reinforce the neck to avoid unwanted movement changing the action and feel of the bass.
The American Professional range has replaced the old American Standards. Made in America with high-end hardware and each one comes with an official Fender hardshell case.
The V-Mod single-coil Jazz pickups were designed by Michael Bump to give the modern output you need but with the vintage, warmth and tone that everyone loves.
The neck shape is a Slim Modern C which gives the comfort and reliability of a modern feeling bass without straying far from the classic Jazz bass feel. With a bone nut and 9.5" fretboard radius for optimum sustain and feel.
The Narrow-Tall frets create more accurate intonation. They're taller than vintage frets but of similar width (rather than medium jumbo etc.) And because they’re slightly narrower, it gives the actually fret spacing a little more room. It’s an incremental change, but every little helps…
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, “Slim C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock
- Face (Rosewood), Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front (Maple)
- Fingerboard: Maple or Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 20, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dot (Maple), White Dot (Rosewood)
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.875” (47.6 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
Electronics and Hardware
- Bridge: 5-String High Mass Vintage (HMV), (Strings-Through-Body or Topload)
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green (700, 705, 706), 3-Ply Parchment (748)
- Pickups: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge/Neck)
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA NPS, (Gauges .45 - .125)
- Case: Fender Official Hard Case