The Fender Professional Jazz Bass is one of those basses that needs no introduction. It's got the classic J-Bass look and sound that can be heard on countless records since the 50s! With Michael Bump V-Mod pickups, a fantastic fret design, and a comfortable slim modern C shaped neck for even better playing comfort.
The Maple fretboard also gives you a bit more attack than Rosewood would. Not to mention the Posiflex Graphite Rods that reinforce the neck to avoid unwanted movement changing the action and feel of the bass.
The American Professional range has replaced the American Standards. Made in America with high-end hardware and each one comes with an official Fender hardshell case.
The V-Mod single-coil Jazz pickups were designed by Michael Bump to give the modern output you need but with the vintage, warmth and tone that everyone loves.
The neck shape is a Slim Modern C which gives the comfort and reliability of a modern feeling bass without straying far from the classic Jazz bass feel. With a bone nut and 9.5" fretboard radius for optimum sustain and feel.
The Narrow-Tall frets create more accurate intonation. They're taller than vintage frets but of similar width (rather than medium jumbo etc.) And because they’re slightly narrower, it gives the actually fret spacing a little more room. It’s an incremental change, but every little helps…
Here's what Fender say about the Jazz Bass
At Fender, we live and breathe electric instruments. We never rest—pushing craftsmanship to its limits, we design, test and endlessly experiment to create the best instruments on the planet. The Jazz Bass, a refinement of concepts first introduced in the Precision Bass, is the earliest example of
this philosophy in action. Evolved for today’s musician, the American Professional Jazz Bass combines modern features and materials with Fender’s craftsmanship and expertise to produce a truly contemporary bass.
Speedy, powerful and articulate, the Jazz Bass quickly carved out a niche for itself when it was released in 1960. The slim, ultra-fast neck and slick offset-waist styling made it a favorite of bassists everywhere. Funk, fusion, disco and, of course, modern rock all owe a life debt to the
fantastically versatile Jazz Bass.
Developed by pickup master Michael Bump, the brand-new V-Mod single-coil Jazz Bass pickups use a carefully selected blend of alnico magnet types for balanced tone with authentic Fender sonic DNA. Designed for comfort and performance, the slim modern “C”-shaped neck profile feels just right nestled in your hand, becoming one with you, while the narrow-tall frets provide a familiar playing feel and perfect intonation. Posiflex™ graphite support rods run the length of the neck, adding stability to the neck while resisting warping. The redesigned tuning machines use a fluted shaft, creating the optimum break angle over the nut while keeping the string windings tight for increased sustain and enhanced tuning stability.
The best of yesterday and today, the American Professional Jazz Bass is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender. Step up and stake your claim to a legend.
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, “Slim C”
- Neck Finish:
- Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock
- Face (Rosewood), Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss
- Urethane Finish on Front (Maple)
- Fingerboard: Maple or Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 20, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dot (Maple), White Dot (Rosewood)
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.5” (38.1 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass™ Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green (700, 705, 706), 3-Ply Parchment (748)
- Pickups: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: NA
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case: Fender Official Hard Case