The top of the line American Original series boasts the highest build quality, specs and sound of any Fender production guitar. What you're getting here are specific features associated with a decade of Fender history.
Arguably the most versatile guitar ever made, the '60s Tele is packed with dynamic, flavoursome tones and suits almost any playing style.
In the build department, the '60s Tele deviates very little from the classic formula. It's made of a nitro lacquered alder body with a maple neck and rosewood fingerboard packing just 21 tall frets.
At a 25.5-inch scale length and 9.5-inch radius fretboard, the Tele playability is that which you know and love. The three-saddle bridge and bone nut ensure minimal string slippage and roadworthy stability.
A double dose of Pure Vintage '64 Gray-Bottom single coils deliver a lively, chimey vibe. Contrary to popular belief, these pickups can certainly achieve great drive and higher gain sounds. True iconic tones that have shaped countless records.
- Material: Double Bound Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '60s "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot - 7mm
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Pickups: Pure Vintage '64 Gray-Bottom Single-Coil Tele
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage Style Tele® with Barrel Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Eggshell
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top