The top of the line American Original series boasts the highest build quality, specs and sound of any Fender production guitar. What you're getting here are specific features associated with a decade of Fender history.
Arguably the first “modern” guitar. The '60s Strat was a big departure from the norm at the time, packing a more capable array of tones and offering a sleeker playing experience.
In the build department, the '60s Strat deviates very little from the classic formula. It's made of a nitro lacquered alder body with a maple neck and fingerboard packing 21 tall frets.
With what could be considered the first contemporary “C” shape neck and a 9.5-inch radius fretboard, the '60s Strat provides near-on perfect playability. The classic tremolo bridge provides further characterful options to your playing.
The famous trio of Pure Vintage '65 single coils are lively, cutting and dynamic. They're suited ideally suited to edge-of-breakup and hotter driven tones, which were popularised at the time. And thanks to the five position switch there are plenty of voicings to discover.
- Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Thick "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot - 7mm
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style
- Pickups: Pure Vintage '65 Gray-Bottom Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: Pure Vintage 6-Saddle Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic