The American Original Jazzmaster pays tribute to one of the most iconic guitars of the last few decades.
The original Jazzmaster was created for clean, sparkly jazz tones but ended up finding it's way into surf, rockabilly punk and indie rock instead. The Pure Vintage '65 pickups are wax potted and period-correct meaning you'll get those smooth flat single coil tones that you'd expect with all of the original Mojo.
The American Original Range
The American Original range focus on decades rather specific years - which could get quite confusing at times.
These guitars have also got a Modern fretboard radius and modern switching. This is helpful because though the old switching systems were period-correct, they weren’t always the most useful to have on-board.
One of the best things about the American Original guitars is their Nitro-Cellulose finish which is done to ensure that these instruments resonate like the Fender guitars of old. The Nitro finish is thinner than a modern gloss finish and this allows the wood to breathe and resonate.
The nitro finish will also mean the guitar will age beautifully. So your instrument will grow old with you and simply sound better with age as the wood and finish settles.
Here's what Fender say about the American Original 60s Jazzmaster
Originally designed to appeal to jazz guitarists with elegant appointments and sophisticated controls, the Jazzmaster found its way into the hands of musical rebels. From surf to punk and indie rock, its flexible sound heralded the call of change and shaped the voice of rebellion. The American Original '60s Jazzmaster faithfully recreates the voice and style of this classic guitar, supplementing them with smooth, modern playability.
The wax-potted Pure Vintage '65 Jazzmaster single-coil pickups are as period-correct as possible, from the enamel-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. The pickups' pole pieces are flush-mounted just like the original. Other authentic touches include the distinctive Jazzmaster tone circuitry, vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware-including floating tremolo with lock button and push-in arm-vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood ""breathe"" naturally with resonant tone, it also wears in a distinctively appealing way.
For Fender fans who want the authentic sound of the '60s, the American Original '60s Jazzmaster is the best way to experience the performance, style and sound from that era of innovation.
- Alder body with lacquer finish
- Two Pure Vintage ‘65 single-coil Jazzmaster pickups
- “’60s C”-shaped neck profile; 9.5”-radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard
- Floating tremolo bridge with lock button and push-in arm; vintage-style hardware
- Includes vintage-style hardshell case
- Series: American Original
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Maple, Mid ‘60s “C”
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 21, Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line “Fender Deluxe”
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and
- Push-In Tremolo Arm
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Brown Shell
- Pickups: Pure Vintage ‘65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And
- Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Lead Circuit: Volume, Tone. Rhythm Circuit: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Aged White “Witch Hat”
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Brown Hardshell (Gold Interior)