The Fender American Original 50s Strat captures a historic decade of iconic guitar building in one instrument. It's got the original era styling and ground-breaking guitar tones thanks to the wax potted Pure Vintage '59 pickups.
The thick soft V neck is perfect for chording and the 9.5" fretboard radius gives you modern playability. Other period-correct features include vintage tall frets and 6-point trem but the switching is a modern 5-way so you can still get all of your favourite Strat tones.
The American Original Range
The American Original range focus on decades rather specific years - which could get quite confusing at times.
These guitars have also got a Modern fretboard radius and modern switching. This is helpful because though the old switching systems were period-correct, they weren’t always the most useful to have on-board.
One of the best things about the American Original guitars is their Nitro-Cellulose finish which is done to ensure that these instruments resonate like the Fender guitars of old. The Nitro finish is thinner than a modern gloss finish and this allows the wood to breathe and resonate.
The nitro finish will also mean the guitar will age beautifully. So your instrument will grow old with you and simply sound better with age as the wood and finish settles.
- Series: American Original
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Maple, Soft “V”
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 21, Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dots (Maple)
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
Hardware and Electronics
- Bridge: Pure Vintage 6-Saddle Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line “Fender Deluxe”
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Eggshell
- Pickups: Pure Vintage ‘59 Single-Coil Strat (Bridge/Middle/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Control Knobs: Eggshell
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome