The American Original 50s P bass pays tribute to the bass that changed the world.It's got a snappy-sounding maple neck with a stunning 58 Pure Vintage pickup that retains that low-end thump of the originals.
The American Original Range
The American Original range focus on decades rather specific years - which could get quite confusing at times.
These basses have also got a Modern fretboard radius with a vintage-shaped neck to ensure they're as playable as possible.
One of the best things about the American Original guitars is their Nitro-Cellulose finish which is done to ensure that these instruments resonate like the Fender guitars of old. The Nitro finish is thinner than a modern gloss finish and this allows the wood to breathe and resonate.
The nitro finish will also mean the guitar will age beautifully. So your instrument will grow old with you and simply sound better with age as the wood and finish settles.
Here's what Fender say about the American Original P Bass
Few companies can honestly claim to have changed the world like we did when we created the Precision Bass in 1951. By making playing bass easily accessible, it helped musicians find their creative voice and create new forms of music. The American Original '50s Precision Bass updates the playability of this groundbreaking instrument while retaining the original sound and style that changed the world.
The Pure Vintage '58 P Bass split-coil pickup is as period-correct as possible, from the enamel-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. There's no mistaking the powerful punch of this pickup that helped shape the sound of modern music.
Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware-including a four-saddle vintage-style bridge-vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood ""breathe"" naturally with resonant tone, it also wears in a distinctively appealing way.
Representing a fundamental shift in musical possibilities, the American Original '50s Precision Bass is the best way to experience the performance, style and tone that made Fender the foundation of modern music.
- Alder body with lacquer finish
- Single Pure Vintage ‘58 split-coil P Bass pickup
- Thick “C”-shaped neck profile; 9.5”-radius fingerboard
- Vintage-style hardware; four-saddle bridge
- Includes vintage-style hardshell case
- Series: American Original
- Body Material: Alder (803), Ash (801)
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Maple, Thick “C”
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 20, Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.73” (44 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Reverse Open-gear
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage Style with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: Gold Anodized Aluminum
- Pickups: Pure Vintage ‘58 Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Vintage Tweed Case