Fender has expanded its Acoustasonic series with a brand new model — based on their ever-edgy Jazzmaster shape! Described as the "most versatile Acoustasonic guitar yet", this highly-innovative instrument dishes out iconic acoustic voicings and big, nuanced electric guitar tones — easily controlled via a tactile 'Blend' knob that lets you seamlessly pivot between the two and discover unique hybrid timbres.
Powered by the acclaimed Fender and Fishman-designed acoustic engine found in the Acoustasonic Tele and Strat, the Jazzmaster's Tim Shaw-designed 'Shawbucker' pickup sets it apart from its cousins— delivering more output for fat electric cleans and even blazing overdrive! Offering a new selection of voices too, the sonic possibilities are almost endless with Fender's American Acoustasonic Jazzmaster — the ultimate, all-in-one creative tool.
Limited Edition, FSR Model
Andertons Music Co. has collaborated with Chicago Music Exchange a few times over the last couple of years, bringing you some of their coolest limited edition gear to this side of the pond. We’ve teamed up with the American retailer once again to unveil three Fender FSR Acoustasonic models in a splendid Shell Pink finish — available exclusively between us!
- Acoustic Engine 3-Pickup System — The Acoustasonic Shawbucker, Fishman Matrix under-saddle piezo and internal body sensor pickup work together to provide a wealth of inspiring tones.
- Voice Selector Switch & Blend Knob — Two simple controls select and blend up to 10 distinct electric/acoustic voices.
- Internal Lithium-Ion Battery — Up to 20 hours of playing time with full battery charge (rechargeable via Micro USB).
- Mahogany Body/Inset Spruce Top — Timeless tonewood combination captures that classic acoustic character and response.
- Jazzmaster Shape — The unique resonance of a larger offset body provides the warmest, most natural acoustic tones.
- Ergonomic Design — Low-profile hollow body and comfortable natural-wood forearm contour makes the Acoustasonic Jazzmaster simply a joy to play.
- Specially-Tuned Soundhole — Patented “waterfall” design controls flow of air into and out of the body for a naturally resonant voice. Serves as the foundation for the Fender/Fishman-designed acoustic engine.
- Satin-Finished Neck — Enhances the modern, "Deep C"-shaped Mahogany neck with a smooth and slippery feel.
- Ebony Fingerboard & Bridge — Dark, luxurious and silky material that adds bundles of top-end brightness.
- Narrow Tall Frets — Offer a controllable feel for wide vibrato and pitch-perfect string bends.
- Carved Neck Heel — Unhindered access all the way up to the 22nd fret!
- Graph Tech TUSQ Nut — Improves sustain and minimises unwanted tuning slips.
- Open Pore Finish — Light and thin satin finish leaves the wood pores visible, allowing for maximum resonance of the body and top.
- Made in the USA — Handcrafted in Fender's California factory to first-class standards.
- Deluxe Gig Bag — Rugged, high-quality Fender design guarantees solid instrument protection.
10 Versatile Acoustic/Electric Voices
The Fender American Acoustasonic Jazzmaster offers 5 distinct voice pairs — a curated collection of acoustic and electric sounds that can be played solo, or merged via the dedicated 'Blend' knob to create infinite tonal combinations.
Position 1: Electric
- VOICE 1A: Fender Electric Fat/Semi-Clean — Produces high-powered electric tones via the Tim Shaw-designed humbucking pickup.
- VOICE 1B: Fender Overdriven Electric — Turns up the power to create a booming overdriven tone that’s sure to melt the paint off the walls!
Position 2: Acoustic & Electric Blend
- VOICE 2A: Lo-Fi Piezo — A cool lo-fi sound produced only by the piezo pickup and the Jazzmaster’s unique body resonance.
- VOICE 2B: Lo-Fi Piezo Crunch — A thin-body acoustic pushed through an electric amp for one-of-a-kind overdriven sounds.
Position 3: Percussion & Advanced Harmonics
- VOICE 3A: Rosewood Auditorium — Tighter and brighter for a more modern hi-fi sound, with a detailed mid-range that sits beautifully in a mix.
- VOICE 3B: Body Sensor Pickup — Creates a percussive top, perfect for a solo looping performance. Plus enhanced harmonics that pop!
Position 4: Alternative Acoustics
- VOICE 4A: Mahogany Jumbo – Loud and airy, perfect for heavy responsive strumming to accompany vocals and other instruments.
- VOICE 4B: All-Mahogany Small Body – Articulate, warm and focused tone that lends itself to fingerpicking and arpeggiated chords.
Position 5: Core Acoustics
- VOICE 5A: Rosewood Dreadnought – Warm and precise across the frequency spectrum, with complex overtones.
- VOICE 5B: Mahogany Slope Shoulder – A dry, earthy and organic sound. Great for Americana-style flat-picking.
- Body: Mahogany
- Body Top: Spruce
- Body Finish: Polyester Satin Matte
- Body Shape: Modified Jazzmaster
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "Deep C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Graph Tech TUSQ
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex
- Acoustic Engine 3-Pickup System: Acoustasonic Shawbucker, Fishman Matrix Undersaddle Piezo Pickup and Internal Body Sensor Pickup
- Power: Internal Lithium-Ion Battery
- Controls: Master Volume, "Mod" Blend Knob, 5-Way Voice Selector Switch
- Bridge: Ebony Modern Asymmetrical
- Control Knobs: Ebony
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Strings: Fender Dura-Tone 860CL Coated Phosphor Bronze (.011-.052 Gauges)
- Case: 1225 Deluxe Gig Bag