Fender has expanded its acclaimed Acoustasonic guitar lineup with the Acoustasonic Player Telecaster — their most accessible model yet! Retaining many of the same features found on the American Acoustasonic Tele, this Mexican-made instrument offers a streamlined set of six versatile electric/acoustic voices, with a powerful 'Blend' knob letting you seamlessly pivot between the two and discover unique hybrid timbres.
If you’ve been pining over one of Fender’s American-crafted Acoustasonic guitars for a while, this Player Series version delivers almost all of the same functionality at a much more affordable price-point. It’s simply perfect for modern musicians who want an all-in-one sonic shape-shifter — whether that be songwriters, live performers, studio players or home hobbyists!
- Fender/Fishman-Designed Acoustic Engine — Powerful 2-pickup system; comprising a Tim Shaw-designed noiseless N4 single-coil for authentic Fender electric tones free of hum, and a Fishman under-saddle piezo that offers a wealth of acoustic sounds.
- 3-Way Switch & Blend Knob — Instrument features 3 voice pairs for 6 "best of" electric/acoustic sounds. Can be used solo, or blended for hybrid tones. Toggle between the pairings with the switch, and use the blend knob to seamlessly move between the A and B voicings.
- Mahogany Body with Solid A Sitka Spruce Top — Timeless tonewood combination gives the guitar a vibrant character and response. Lightweight design reduces shoulder strain, with sculpted forearm contour maximising playing comfort.
- Tuned Soundhole — "Waterfall" design controls flow of air into the body, amplifying the natural acoustic sound of the guitar and providing the foundation for the acoustic engine pickup system when plugged in.
- Open Pore Finish — Thin satin finish leaves wood pores visible, allowing for optimal resonance of the body and top.
- Deep "C" Neck Profile — Same shape used on Fender's popular American Pro II guitars. Delivers both comfort and speed; slim at the nut and filling out gradually as you approach the neck joint. Enhanced with smooth satin finish.
- Rosewood Fingerboard — A material adored for its dark and beautiful grain; adding warmth into the sonic mix.
- Narrow Tall Frets — Offer a controllable feel for wide vibrato and pitch-perfect string bends.
- Sculpted Neck Heel with Bevelled Plate — Just like on the American-made Acoustasonic Tele; providing easy access to the highest frets.
- Staggered Die Cast Tuners — Tuning machine posts decrease in height from low to high strings; increasing the downward pull over the nut to maintain even string tension.
- Graph Tech TUSQ Nut — Boosts sustain and minimises unwanted tuning slips.
- 9-Volt Battery Power — 20+ hours of playing time, with a quick-access compartment on the back of the body making battery swaps a breeze!
- Included Deluxe Gig Bag — Rugged, high-quality design guarantees solid instrument protection.
- Made in Ensenada, Mexico — Crafted in Fender’s brand-new, state-of-the-art acoustic factory.
6 Acoustic/Electric Voices
The Fender Player Acoustasonic Telecaster offers 3 distinct voice pairs — a curated collection of acoustic and electric sounds. These can be used on their own, or combined via the dedicated 'Blend' knob to unlock an inspiring spectrum of new sounds.
Position 1: Electric Voices
- A: Clean — Delivers traditional Fender Tele tones via the Noiseless pickup.
- B: Dirty — Turns up the heat, for searing Telecaster "twang!"
Position 2: Piezo Voices
- A: Lo-Fi Clean — Uses unaffected sound of the under-saddle pickup to create a lo-fi acoustic tone.
- B: Lo-Fi Crunch — Adds dirt to the under-saddle pickup; replicating the sound of a double-tracked electric and acoustic guitar.
Position 3: Acoustic Voices
- A: Mahogany Small-Body — Offers plenty of warm, dry and vibrant mid-frequencies with a focused low-end.
- B: Rosewood Dreadnought — Balanced across the spectrum, with crisp highs and balanced bass. It’s the classic American acoustic sound!
- Body Shape: Modified Telecaster
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Top: Solid A Sitka Spruce
- Body Finish: Polyester Satin Matte
- Bracing: Transverse
- Sound Hole: WaterFall Sound Port
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Modern "Deep C"
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut Material: Graph Tech TUSQ
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex
- Bridge: Modern Asymmetrical
- Bridge Pins: GraphTech TUSQ
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- 2-Pickup Configuration: Under-Saddle Piezo/N4 Magnetic
- Controls: Master Volume, Blend Knob, 3-Way Selector Switch
- Strings: Fender Dura-Tone 860CL Coated Phosphor Bronze (11-52)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe 1225 Gig Bag (Included)