The Fender Jazz bass has been a staple of the bass guitar world since it was first introduced to musicians in 1960. You'll find these iconic instruments being used across a multitude of contrasting genres and playing styles. This is due to the combination of a versatile dual pickup configuration, the striking offset body design and a highly playable neck. With this limited-run Road Worn Jazz bass, the brand celebrates sixty years of design and sonic ingenuity.
Timeless Look, Sound & Feel
Everything about this bass screams vintage. It's equipped with a pair of single-coil jazz bass pickups which project a realistic old-school tone. If you're looking high and low for the classic sound that became synonymous with popular music of the past, then you're in the right place.
This is one highly playable instrument too. The bass is bolstered by a slim mid '60s C shaped neck and is augmented with 20 medium jumbo frets and a 9.5”- radius, pau ferro fingerboard. This combination results in a seriously comfortable playing feel as you progress up and down the neck.
Additional components include chrome hardware, a 4-bolt neck plate and the vintage-influenced 4-saddle bridge. This boasts reverse, open gear tuning machines and threaded saddles - both of which add to the timeless old-school visuals. This doesn't just look good though; it also provides stable tuning and more reliable performance.
Gig Bag Included
The 60th Anniversary Road worn '60s Jazz bass also comes with its own deluxe gig bag. This ensures you'll be able to give your bass the protection it deserves while you head to the studio, practice space or gig venue!
- Color: 3-Color Sunburst
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Mid '60s "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Controls: Stacked Concentric Controls Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage Style with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Reverse
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Strings: Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406