Here's what Fender say about the 60's Jazz Bass:
Fender's '60s Jazz Bass captures the essence of the decade; an axe as tuneful and groundbreaking as the decade it debuted in.
Many of the period-correct details that made the original Jazz basses so cool are spot-on replicated in this classic vintage-vibe beauty-especially the original offset waist, ultra-slim neck and pair of vintage-style alnico magnet Jazz Bass single-coil pickups. Whether it's early '60s Motown, British invasion and American garage, or later '60s heavy rock and soul, the Fender J-bass embodies a fantastic era in music.
- Series: Classic Series
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple, "C" Shape
- Gloss finish
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Number of frets: 20 vintage-style
- Bridge: American Vintage Precision Bass/Jazz Bass
- Machine Heads: vintage-style reverse tuning machines
- Hardware: nickel/chrome
- Pickguard: 4-ply brown shell
- True vintage styling
- Synthetic bone nut
- Includes a gig bag
- Scale Length: 34" (863.6 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.50" (38 mm)
- Radius: 7.25"
- Pickups: 2 Standard Vintage Alnico Magnet Jazz Bass Single Coil Pickups
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup),
- Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup),
- Master Tone