All-mahogany acoustic guitars aren't as common as more familiar tonewood combinations, but they are beloved by many for their uniquely warm and punchy tone.
The Faith Mahogany series achieves the very characteristics that can only be achieved with an all-mahogany acoustic. With a completely solid mahogany construction, these guitars have a very focused tone with great bass and midrange emphasis.
Mahogany is a very versatile tonewood that responds well to both fingerpicking and strumming styles, however the latter is where this guitar really shines with its Neptune body shape. The Neptune is a baby-Jumbo shape guitar which offers you a piece of that big, Jumbo sound in a less cumbersome guitar.
Here's What Faith Say About the Mahogany Series Neptune
Voted The UK's Best Acoustic Guitar 2014
This Faith Neptune model is based upon Patrick James Eggle's highly acclaimed 'Saluda' shape.
A Baby-Jumbo size with a 16" lower bout, the Neptune is the perfect model for those seeking acoustic power without the physical bulk of a full-sized Jumbo.
Faith All-Mahogany models deliver a clear, linear tone which is very sweet and woody with plenty of midrange.
Using Mahogany for both the top and body of a guitar makes for a very “friendly” instrument that responds well to hard picking, strumming and finger-style techniques alike. Further to this, the sound produced is unburdened by overly audible overtones and harmonics, so they perform brilliantly when recording.
- Top Wood: Solid Mahogany
- Back Wood: Solid Mahogany
- Side Wood: Solid Mahogany
- Binding: Solid Macassan Ebony
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Scale Length: 25.59"
- Fingerboard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Grover Rotomatic Chrome
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut/Saddle: TUSQ
- Nut Width: Nut 43mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Bridge: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Ebony with Abalone Dots Finish
- Finish Type: PU Lacquer Hi-Gloss all over
- Pickup/Preamp: Shadow PerformerTuner Preamp / Shadow NanoflexII Pickup 1,3
- Hard Case: Included