Warmth is the keyword when it comes to the Faith Classic Burst Series acoustic guitars. Featuring warm tonewoods such as mahogany and red cedar and an appropriate sunburst finish to match, the Classic Burst acoustics have a rich, mellow vibe.
Mahogany and cedar are both tonewoods that are known for their warm characteristics. Mahogany brings a punchiness with lower mid-range and bass emphasis, while the cedar adds rich overtones with a similar lower-end emphasis. These guitars also feature solid Macassan ebony fingerboards which make for a smooth playing experience.
The Mars is not the standard Dreadnought design you might be familiar with. This guitar is a drop-shoulder dreadnought with a 45mm nut and a 12-fret neck joint. 45mm is a greater width than you'd normally find on a dreadnought and has the benefit of wider string spacing - meaning you won't have to worry about your fingers being on top of each other when fingering chords! The Mars has a 12-fret neck joint which moves the bridge further away from the soundhole, providing a warm tone a wide dynamic range. The wider nut, 12-fret design, and the shorter (24.8") scale length makes this an incredibly comfrotable dreadnought to play and also makes it an ideal finger-picking instrument.
These guitars are ready to play live right out of the box with the onboard Fishman Sonitone preamp and under-saddle pickup. The Sonitone is a soundhole mounted preamp with rotary controls and makes for a discrete preamp solution that doesn't interfere with the guitar's aesthetic.
Here's What Faith Say About the Classic Burst Series Mars
The Classic Burst Mars model is a drop-shoulder dreadnought design, and is made using a great combination of Red Cedar and Mahogany.
This FRESB45 model has a wider (45mm) nut and is joined at the 12th fret, which adds an extra depth of tone and makes it ideal as a fingerpicking instrument.
Classic Burst models sound as rich and warm as they look. Using a three-tone burst finish based on deep brown, red and amber, this colouration technique is intentionally understated and is a long-standing, traditional favourite.
The tonal character has emphasis on the lower-midrange with a beautifully warm, vocal nature.
- Top Wood: Solid Red Cedar
- Back Wood: Solid Mahogany (Deep Satin)
- Side Wood: Solid Mahogany (Deep Satin)
- Binding: Ebony
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design - 12 Fret to Body
- Fingerboard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Grover Rotomatic Gold
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut / Saddle: TUSQ (PQ-6116)/(PQ-9110)
- Nut Width: 45mm
- Bridge: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Indian Ebony with Abalone Dots
- Finish Type: PU Lacquer Hi-Gloss all over
- Preamp / Pickup: Fishman Sonitone / Fishman Sonicore
- Hardcase: Included