The 5150 reborn. Like its classic predecessor, the new 5150 from EVH has been engineered for speed, precision and full-throttle attitude. Combining classic ‘80s specs with cutting-edge playability and luxurious looks, this instrument simply isn’t for the faint-hearted. Approach with caution!
Body & Neck
The Basswood body employs a modified S-style shape with a deeper upper body curve for extra comfort. The bolt-on quartersawn Maple neck features a familiar modified C profile, and a graphite-reinforced bolt-on construction. A Quilted Maple top gives it a classy edge while adding yet more top-end sparkle to the tonal palette.
A compound radius with Ebony fingerboard ensures a comfortable, agile playability, while adding some smoothness to the treble response. This guitar will simply sound crystal-clear, whether you’re pumping out stadium-sized riffs or two-hand tapping.
Hardware & Electronics
Unlike the 5150 of old, this one comes with dual humbuckers. In both the bridge and neck positions, you get a custom-designed EVH Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucker. Expect punch and articulation with sweet sustain. In the neck, you’ll have access to more dynamics than you might expect. It cleans up perfectly with a bit of volume tweaking!
Finally, a divebomb-certified EVH top-mount Floyd Rose bridge offers full vibrato carnage. Fine tuners and a patented EVH D-Tuna allow instant switching from standard to drop D. Gnarly!
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Finish: Gloss (Rocket Red) or Satin (Army Drab, Primer Grey)
- Top Material: Quilted Maple
- Neck: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Headstock: EVH Hockey Stick
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Cream Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose R3 Locking, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Pickups: EVH Wolfgang Humbucking (Bridge & Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume (500K EVH Bourns Low Friction Pot), Tone (250K EVH Bourns High Friction)
- Control Knobs: Black Speed
- Bridge: Top-Mount EVH-Branded Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo with EVH D-Tuna
- Tuning Machines: EVH-Branded Gotoh
- Hardware Color: Chrome
- Strings: EVH-Branded (.009-.042 Gauges)