Epiphone ES-339 in CherryCompact semi-hollow body guitar from Epiphone
Introducing the long-awaited Epiphone ES-339! This compact body semi-hollow electric guitar gives you some of the boxy character and feedback-potential of a larger bodied semi-acoustic archtop guitar without being too uncontrollable when you switch to the drive channel.
The Epiphone ES-339 features a slim taper D-profile set neck, maple body with centerblock, Epiphone Alnico PRO pickups and high quality hardware including medium-jumbo frets and premium tune-o-matic bridge.
Tap into the great character and sustain of a semi-acoustic, but retain some of the low-mid resonance of a solid body. The Epiphone ES339 is a great compromise for a rocker who wants a tone that strikes a great balance between solid-body and acoustic sounds!
Here's what Epiphone say about the Epiphone ES-339
The Birth of a Legend
Introduced in the late '50s, the ES series became an instant classic by bringing the feel of an archtop to players who had wholly embraced solid body classics like the Les Paul. The first in the ES series, the ES-335 became an instant success but for many players, it's body was slightly too big. The new ES-339 is the perfect remedy, featuring body dimensions that are smaller while still retaining the bell-like tones of all ES series guitars as well as the classic shape.
The Epiphone ES-339 features a reduced size laminated Maple body with asolid center block. The SlimTaper TM "D" profile 24.75" Mahogany neck has 22 jumbo frets with a 1-11/16" nut and is hand-set and glued with a Mortise and Tenon neck joint with Titebond TM Glue. The 12" radius neck also features a Rosewood fingerboard with mother-of-pearl inlays, much like the original. Single ply cream binding on the fingerboard and body completes the classic look and looks superb on all the ES-339's finishes which include Cherry, Ebony, Natural, and Vintage Sunburst.
- Body: Reduced size Laminated maple body with solid center block
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: SlimTaper™ D Profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-in mortise and tenon
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale: 24.75”
- Nut: 1.68”
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with pearloid dot inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 12”
- Frets: 22 medium jumbo
- Neck Pickup: Alnico Classic PRO™
- Bridge Pickup: Alnico Classic PRO™
- Controls: Neck Pickup volume with push/pull coil-splitting, Bridge Pickup volume with push/pull coil-splitting, Neck Pickup tone, Bridge pickup tone
- Hardware: Nickel
- Binding: Fingerboard and body 1-ply (cream)
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: LockTone™ Stopbar
- Machine Heads: Epiphone “Deluxe” 18: 1 ratio
- Hard Case: Optional
- Typical Weight (+/- 5%): 7.2 lbs
- Strings: D’Addario® 10, 13, 17, 26, 36, 46
7 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Thursday, 17 January 2019
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
- We can transfer new & boxed items from our warehouse to our store in 30-40 minutes.
6 in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery