The next generation of Epiphone’s widely loved archtop. A genuine Epiphone original, the Uptown Kat ES is drenched in style from the trapeze tailpiece to the metallic finish. This is your perfect alternative semi-hollow.
A five-ply maple and poplar combo is the choice of body wood, with two beautifully cut F-holes. Extravagant without being garish. The mahogany neck has been glued into the body for extra sturdiness.
Its Slim Taper ‘C’ neck shape is modelled after the Gibson greats and is renowned for its comfort. On top is a 12” radius ebony fretboard, making for a classy, quality package in every department. Hardware appointments include a Graph Tech nut, LockTone ABR bridge and that trapeze tailpiece – an excellent balance between assured stability and class.
The Uptown Kat is equipped with two fiery Mini-Probucker FB720 pickups. These bad boys have everyone fooled with their indistinguishable vintage tone. The lows are warm, the sustain prolonged and brightness snappy.
They incorporate the same alloy used by Gibson at their Kalamazoo factory – you know you’re getting the best in sound. Match them up with an airy clean tone or crunchier drive for outstanding results.
- Body Shape: Archtop
- Body Material: 5-ply Maple/Poplar
- Binding: Body 5 ply black and white, Fingerboard 1-ply white
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Slim Taper™ C
- Scale Length: 24.72" / 628mm
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech®
- Nut Width: 1.68" / 42.672mm
- Inlays: Pearloid Block
- Joint: Glued in
- Finish: Gold
- Tuner Plating: Gold
- Bridge: LockTone™ ABR
- Tailpiece: Trapeze
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Rotomatic™ 18:1
- Control Knobs: Gold "Top Hat" knobs
- Pickup Covers: Gold
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone Mini-ProBucker™ FB720
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone Mini-ProBucker™ FB720
- Controls: Neck Volume, Neck Tone, Master Tone, Master Volume
- Pickup Selector: 3-way Epiphone toggle
- Output Jack: 1/4" Heavy-Duty Epiphone