The Epiphone Sheraton has been around since 1959 and with its long history has evolved over the years into this, the Sheraton II Pro. This guitar updates the previous Sheraton II with some brand new hardware that lets you take full advantage of its vintage roots. If you are in the market for a thinline semi hollow style guitar this guitar is incredibly hard to beat for the money.
Vintage Inspired Design
Obviously, by looking at this guitar you can see the guitars that influenced it over the years. Once described blues legend John Lee Hooker as "an out-did 335" this guitar has a sound that is great for not only the blues and jazz guys but even the heavier side of rock as well. Small enough to be comfortable for most players yet large enough to great a sweet resonant tone.
The Epiphone Sheraton II Pro has been made to be as close as possible to original spec while still staying at a great low price. Made with an all maple body and a 5 piece maple/walnut neck you have great stability and resonance so you know this will work night after night. Finished off with a Pau Ferro fingerboard this guitar has a premium sound and feel you would not believe.
Designed after a hot version of the old 50's PAF humbuckers the ProBuckers can suit pretty much any playing style under the sun. No matter if you need smooth jazz cleans or crushing rock overdrives this has you covered. Add in the fact that you can tap the pickups at any time for single coil like tones and you are ready for any gig.
Here's What Epiphone Say About the Sheraton-II Pro
Featuring ProBucker™ pickups w/coil-splitting, Graphtech® NuBone XL™ nut plus new color finish!
The Epiphone Sheraton™-II PRO honors Epiphone's most influential "thin-line" semi-hollowbody electric archtop, now offered in a beautiful new Midnight Sapphire finish plus critically acclaimed ProBucker™ pickups with coil-splitting and a Graphtech® NuBone XL™ nut.
Epiphone Sheraton-II™ PRO At A Glance
- Critically acclaimed ProBuckerTM Humbuckers with coil-splitting
- Traditional Mother of Pearl and Abalone Inlay
- Graphtech® NuBone XL and Grover® Rotomatics™
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Top Material: Laminated Maple
- Neck Material: 5-pc Hard Maple/Walnut Laminated
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper™
- Neck Joint: Glued-In, Set Neck
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro with "block and triangle" inlays w/Mother of Pearl and Abalone
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22; Medium/Jumbo
- Binding: Top: 5-ply (Ivory/Black), Back - 1-ply (Ivory), Neck - 5-ply (Ivory/Black), Headstock - 5-ply (Ivory/Black), "F" Holes - 1-ply (Ivory/Black)
- Headstock: Vintage "Large Clipped Ear" with Mother of Pearl "Vine" Inlay
- Nut: Graphtech® NuBone XL
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Gold
- Machine Heads: Grover® Rotomatics™; 18:1 ratio
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker-2™
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker-3™
- Controls: Bridge Volume with coil-splitting, Neck Volume with coil-splitting, Bridge Tone, Neck Tone, 3-way pickup selector (toggle); Ivory toggle cap
- Bridge: Epiphone LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Epiphone LockTone™ Stop Bar
- Pickguard: Bound "Tortoise" Pickguard with metal "E"
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-ply; (Black/White); Vintage "E" in White
- Knobs: Top Hats with metal inserts (Volume/Tone)
- Strings: D'Addario® 10-46 gauge
- Typical Weight: 8.7 lbs