The slick, show-stealing look of this hard-rock Les Paul Custom Prophecy GX from Epiphone is just the start! The Prophecy GX is a guitar designed and built for metal and hard rock. From rip roaring solos to big, epic clean sounds, the Prophecy GX delivers at home, in the studio and on stage.
The Prophecy GX guitar is loaded with Gibson's classic Les Paul pickup combo - used on many of their USA models. The Gibson 490R and 498T pickups will give you the classic Les Paul sound - a great biting, fat tone that sears during lead lines and solos. Combined with a fast playing D-shaped neck, 24 jumbo frets with good access to the high frets, and ebony fretboard, everything about the Les Paul Prophecy GX is designed for slick playing. You know that the Prophecy is a no-holds-barred Les Paul that you can grow into: it's unlikely to limit your playing, however hard you try!
- Top Material: Quilt Maple
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: SpeedTaper™ D-Profile; Satin Finish
- Neck Joint: Glued-In, Set Neck
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Frets: 24; Jumbo
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 14"
- Binding Body: 5-ply (White/Black), Neck - 1-ply (White), Headstock - 5-ply (White/Black)
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Nut Material: Graphite
- Hardware: Gold
- Inlay: "Mother of Pearl" Stickpin on Headstock face, "Mother of Pearl and Abalone" Block & Triangle on 1, 3,5 7, 9, 12 & 15 frets, "Mother of Pearl" Blocks on 17, 19, 21 & 24 frets
- Machine Heads: Grover™
- Neck Pickup: Gibson USA 490R Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson USA 498T Humbucker
- Controls: 1-Neck Volume with push/pull coil-tapping, 1-Neck Tone, 1-Bridge Volume with push/pull coil-tapping, 1-Bridge Tone
- Pickup Selector: 3-way Toggle Switch, Epiphone All-Metal
- Knobs: Metal Barrel with MOP inlaid tops
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Output Jack: Epiphone Exclusive Non-rotating, Heavy Duty Output Jack
- StrapLocks: Epiphone Exclusive