Tony Iommi is one of the most legendary guitarists in the world. As the lead guitarist for metal legends Black Sabbath Iommi has a sound that has inspired generations of musicians. Part of that signature sound was his trusty Gibson SG which has been modified over the years to solidify his sound. Now you can get that sound for a lot less with this limited edition signature guitar though Epiphone.
Based On A Legend
The Gibson SG is one of the oldest models in the Gibson and Epiphone catalogue to still be produced. Its thin and lightweight body and easy to play neck made it the perfect choice for those that wanted something that didn't hold them back. This guitar is based off of this legendary model with a few small tweaks that make it as close to the guitar Tony Iommi himself plays.
The Base Guitar
Underneath the hardware and fancy looks this is a classic SG with a mahogany body and neck with a rosewood fingerboard. This creates a warm and punchy sound much like you would expect off of a Les Paul but with a bit of extra bite and bark thanks to the slimmer design.
The Hot Hardware
Over the years Tony Iommi has worked with Gibson to produce a set of signature pickups that could be found in all of his higher end signature models. These pickups have however made their way into this great value Epiphone limited edition run. Aside from this the rest of the hardware is all the standard parts you would want to see on a SG. This includes a hardtail bridge and classic tulip style machine heads for that classic look.
The Iommi Touch
The final element you probably noticed about this guitar already is the use of cross inlays. Tony has had these on a few of his guitars for years so introducing them onto his signature model was a no brainer. Plus it gives the guitar a cool dark metal vibe which is what Tony is all about.
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper™, D-Profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-In, Deep-Set Neck Joint with Smooth Transition Heel
- Headstock: "Epiphone" Logo in Pearloid, "Pineapple" Inlay in Pearloid
- Headstock Back: "Tonny Iommi" Signature in Silver, "Epiphone Limited Edition" Logo in Silver
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Layer, Black/White, Bell Shaped, Blank
- Nut: Black, Graphite
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony with Pearloid "Cross" Inlays
- Frets: 24, Medium-Jumbo
- Neck Pickup: Gibson USA Tony Iommi Signature Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson USA Tony Iommi Signature Humbucker
- Controls: Epiphone All-Metal 3-way Pickup Selector with Black Toggle Cap, Neck Pickup Volume, Bridge Pickup Volume, Neck Pickup Tone, Bridge Pickup Tone
- Binding: Fingerboard - 1-Ply (Pure White)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic / Stopbar
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Premium Die-Cast, 14:1 Ratio, Metal Tulip Buttons
- Pickguard: 3-Layer, Black / White / Black
- Knobs: Black "Top Hats" with Metal Inserts
- Output Jack: Rim-mounted, Epiphone Heavy-Duty with Chrome, Metal Jack Plate
- Color: Ebony (EB)
- Includes: Hand Signed Certificate of Authenticity, Binder with Certificate and Photograph
- Warranty: Epiphone Limited Lifetime