The Hummingbird is one of Gibson's most iconic acoustic guitars and has been used by a wide range of artists since its introduction in 1960. The Epiphone version gives you a piece of that classic style and tone at a fraction of the cost, with the benefit of built-in electronics.
The mahogany back and sides on the Hummingbird Studio give it a warm tone with great low and mid-range emphasis. The mahogany is complemented by a solid spruce top which adds plenty of tonal clarity.
Epiphone's Hummingbird Studio has the classic square-shouldered dreadnought body shape which is known for its balance of versatility and projection. This combination of tonewoods and body shape makes the Hummingbird Studio a true all-rounder that can handle anything from soft fingerpicking to energetic strumming!
For those looking for a stage guitar, the Hummingbird Studio comes performance-ready right out of the box. This guitar features a built-in Fishman Sonicore under-saddle pickup with a high-quality Sonitone preamp — so you can just plug in and play!
- Body Shape: Hummingbird
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top: Solid Spruce
- Back: Mahogany
- Side: Mahogany
- Binding: Top: 6-ply Ivory/Black, Back: 2-ply Ivory/Black
- Finish: Gloss
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: SlimTaper 'D'
- Scale Length: 24.724"
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: PVC
- Nut Width: 1.693"
- Inlays: Pearloid Twin Parallelograms
- Joint: Set Dovetail at 14th fret
- Finish: Nickel
- Bridge: Pau Ferro (Reverse Belly)
- Saddle Material: Compensated
- Tuning Machines: Grover Rotomatic 18:1
- Pickguard: Hummingbird Shape with Hummingbird Graphics
- Under-Saddle Pickup: Fishman Sonicore
- Controls: Fishman Sonitone Soundhole mounted Volume and Tone
- Output Jack: 1/4" Endpin Jack
- Preamp: Fishman Sonitone
- Stringss: Gibson Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings .012", .016", .024"w, .032" .042", .053"