The Nebulus is the ultimate 3-in-1 modulation machine bringin chorus,vibrato and flanger together in one pedal.
To go along with each main mode, there are 3 'sub' modes available which are also accessed by the small toggle.
- A - Basic
- B - Multi
- C - With Trem
- A - Uni
- B - Vibrato
- C - Rotary
- A - 60s
- B - 70s
- C - Thru 0
It's also got a 'special toggle' which will modify a unique characteristic for each mode. For example, the regen rate on the flanger.
The mix knob allows you to dial in the exact amount of modulation wanted over your dry signal. Having thatchoice allows you to use the effect in a subtle or extreme way according to taste.
Here's what Empress says about the Nebulus
The Nebulus brings guitarists high quality chorus, flanger and vibrato effects in a really compact 4.5 by 3.5 inch pedal. To increase the tone range even further 3 variations on each effect are available for a total of 9 tweak-able modes. All this flexibility is easy to access via a preset system capable of storing up to 8 different presets.
The chorus mode offers a lush and warm sounding chorus, a fluid and dreamy multi-chorus, and a unique tremolo'ed chorus. The flanger setting has a classic tape flange, a 70's negative feedback type flanger, and the elusive thru-zero flange. Lastly, but certainly not least, are the vibrato sub-modes which include a standard vibrato, a classic vibe sound, and a rotating speaker effect.
Each mode includes a special switch which allows the guitarist to really tweak crucial settings and it also offers some bonus features like the ability to add compression to vibrato mode, for example. For further fine tuning, a tone switch is available offering warm, clean, and bright voicings to the effect.
This true bypass pedal offers the uncompromising sound quality that guitarists have learned to expect from Empress pedals in an incredibly small box. With chorus, flanger and vibrato all only one touch away, this pedal is an incredible value.
- Chorus - A lush and warm sounding chorus, a fluid and dreamy multi-chorus, and a unique tremolo'ed chorus
- Flanger - A classic tape flange, a 70's negative feedback type flanger, and the elusive thru-zero flange
- Vibrato - A standard vibrato, a classic vibe sound, and a rotating speaker effect.
- 8 Presets - Up to 8 custom presets, easily accessed with the touch of a button.
- Advanced Configuration - Lets you customize the functionality of the Nebulus to suit your needs.
- Special Switch - Allows you to tweak settings important to the mode you're using, making the Nebulus even more customizable
- Tone - Choose between warm, clean and bright voicing for each effect.
- Soft Touch Switches - Soft touch switches control a relay bypass making transitions as smooth as possible.
- True Bypass - The Empress Nebulus employs true bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged.
- Small Size - The enclosure measures approximately 4.5" by 3.5" by 1.5", which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit.
- Input Impedance: 1Meg
- Output Impedance: 1K
- Frequency Response (-3dB): 8Hz - 18.5kHz
- Input Headroom: +10.8dBu
- Output Headroom: +10.2dBu
- Distortion: 0.40%
- Signal to Noise: 102.7dB
- Power Input Voltage: 9 - 12 V DC (Negative tip)
- Power Input Connector: 2.1mm barrel connector (Negative tip)
- Power Consumption: ~300mA
- Enclosure Material: Die Cast Aluminum
- Input connector: 1/4" Jack
- Output connector: 1/4" Jack
- Height (Enclosure only): 1.5"
- Height (including controls): 2"
- Length: 3.5"
- Width: 4.5"
- weight: 1 lb