Swedish manufacturer Elektron have been making synth hardware and software for 20 years. Even two decades in, they’re showing no signs of slowing down; introducing the deceptively tiny Model:Samples digital drum machine and sampler - perfect for musicians and producers on the move.
Size doesn’t matter
At the time of writing, this is one of Elektron’s smallest pieces of synth hardware. Despite that, it packs a mighty punch. With 6 tracks at your disposal, you’ve got more than enough legroom to create lo-fi beats, complex rhythms and glitchy grooves.
To get things going, you’ve got 300 preset Splice sounds – so you can start grooving straight out the box. All samples are high-quality digital, ranging from classic analog-style drum machines to abstract pops, clicks and thuds. This thing can go from old-school hip hop to apocalyptic trance in no time.
With the name Elektron on the front, you know this things going to be easy and fun to use. The interface has been designed to be as user-friendly as possible. Each knob has a single function, with an interface that’s laid out in an easily navigable way – reach out and interact your music without hesitation!
You’ve also got a mighty 64-step sequencer at your disposal. This not only allows you to create complex, lengthy ideas, but you get individual track and scale settings per track. Interweave polyrhythms, swing your hats just the right amount, let your sub drops rumble a little longer – with absolute ease.
Here’s what Elektron say:
This tiny 6 track groovebox sounds a lot bigger than it looks. You get pretty much all of the Elektron superpowers in a sleek, lightweight, and accessible package. Loads of useful presets and loads of space for your own sounds. The controls are right there at your fingertips. A truly plug-and-play bundle of joy!
Packed with great sounds
The sound engine uses high-quality digital samples. There are 300 preset sounds supplied by Splice, ranging from the familiar kicks, snares, and hi-hats to exotic, never-before-heard ones. With a few tweaks, you can easily personalize any sample until it sounds just the way you want it. Transfer your own samples into it, or use any of the expertly crafted custom sound packs.
As an Elektron first, this machine offers a complete set of tactile controls, with one function per knob. They're all right there on the front panel; just grab a knob and twist it. Unleash your music spontaneously using the six tough, velocity-sensitive pads. Record your every move live, or punch in your creation one step at a time using the superb Elektron sequencer.
Ready to go
At under one kilogram, you’re getting the benefits of a light and convenient machine that will surprise you with its snarling sonic power.
- 6 Audio tracks (all of which may be used as MIDI tracks as well)
- 6 x Velocity sensitive pads
- 96 Projects
- 96 Patterns per Project
- 1 x Sample playback engine per track
- 1 x resonant multimode filter per track
- 1 x Assignable LFO per track
- Delay and reverb send FX
- Elektron sequencer up to 64 steps with unique length and scale settings per track
- Real-time or grid recording of notes and parameters
- 64 MB sample memory
- 1 GB storage
- Class compliant USB audio 2.0
- 1 x 1/4" Headphones output
- 2 x 1/4" Balanced main outputs
- 1 x High speed (micro) USB 2.0 port
- 1 x 3.5 mm standard audio minijack (TRS) for MIDI In
- 1 x 3.5 mm standard audio minijack (TRS) for MIDI Out/Thru
- 2 x slots for attaching Powerhandle BP-1 (to be released at a later date)
- Dimensions: W270 x D180 x H40 mm (10.63 x 7.09 x 1.58") (including knobs and rubber feet)
- Weight: approximately 0.814 kg
In the box
- Power Supply PSU-4
- Micro USB Cable USB-2
- MIDI adapter (5-pin DIN to 3.5mm TRS minijack)
- Sleeve ECC-5
- Protective Lid PL-4