The new ZLX series of speakers from Electro Voice are equipped with some fantastic features that for the price should make these a real contender for any band that needs to their own gear to gigs. The design of the speakers is also designed with the gigging musician
Here's what EV say about the ZLX12 Passive Speakers
With ZLX, Electro-Voice set out with a singular goal: to deliver best-in-class performance across every detail.
ZLX combines decades of proven pro-audio engineering know-how with a bold new look and user-friendly features that give you an extraordinary amount of control over your sound – all with the renowned EV quality and reliability the pros trust.
Available in powered and passive 12- and 15-inch two-way versions and perfect for use as either mains or monitors, ZLX represents a new standard for musicians, DJs, and all performers looking for more from a portable loudspeaker.
ZLX PASSIVE LOUDSPEAKERS
When choosing a loudspeaker, it's always wise to ask "What's inside the box?" Then take a listen and hear the EV difference for yourself. Featuring custom drivers housed in a breakthrough new cabinet design, the two compact and versatile passive ZLX models make EV's legendary sound quality and rugged reliability more accessible than ever before.
- EV-engineered components for best-in-class sound
- Lightweight, super-durable composite construction with unique hi/lo grip design for effortless pole mounting and portability
- Patented split-baffle design for superior driver time alignment and enhanced sonic impact and intelligibility
12" TWO-WAY PASSIVE LOUDSPEAKER
Big sound doesn't need to take up a lot of space. Ideal for main loudspeaker or monitor wedge duties, the ZLX-12 offers the ultimate combination of performance and portability - and always looks great on stage.
- 12" woofer for low-end punch in a compact enclosure and 1.5" high-frequency titanium compression driver
- 55 Hz - 20 kHz frequency range
- 250 W continuous and 1000 W peak power handling
- 95 dB SPL sensitivity; 125 dB max SPL
- 32.8 lbs (14.9 kg)