The Electro Harmonix Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pi is a full featured Bass fuzz pedal that in addition to the usual tone and sustain Big Muff controls, introduces a new crossover feature with individual High Pass for the fuzz) and Low Pass (for the clean) filters. There's also a new blend control for more tonal diversity including subtle 'gritty' tones. There's also new Gate control that keeps the buzz at bay and at extreme settings can produce some cool glitchy synth type sounds. Finally the new Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pi features an XLR DI out for going straight to the PA or mixing desk!
Here's what Electro Harmonix say about the Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pi
The new Deluxe Bass Big Muff is the latest in the line of EHX bass specific effects. It delivers enhancements to the classic Bass Big Muff Pi that are specifically tailored to the needs of the modern bass player and gives you more tone shaping options than ever before.
- Pad on the input that’s switchable between 0dB and -10dB ensures the pedal is optimized for use with both passive and active pickups
- Blend allows a player to mix to taste the direct and distorted signals
- Three outputs: a 1/4? effect out, 1/4? direct (buffered dry) out and XLR DI out give complete control of your output signal and sound
- Foot-switchable crossover section with a variable low pass filter on the dry signal and a variable high pass filter on the distorted signal give bassists the ability to sculpt their sound
- Crossover circuit, in conjunction with the Blend control, lets you keep the low-end clear and focused and the high-end bright and cutting
- Built-in noise gate with an adjust threshold eliminates unwanted noise at any level
- Tough and compact die-cast chassis
- 9-Volt battery included
- Optional 9.6DC-2000BI power supply available