The Friedman BE100 (also known as the Brown Eye) may be one of the best multi-channel modded Plexi style amplifiers available today. With the ability to go from sweet and smooth clean tones to outrageous high gain rock and metal tones this is the one amp you need for every generation of legendary British tones.
3 Modes For Ultimate Control
While a lot of modded plexi amps still stick to the single channel layout that the legends are known for the BE100 gives you more control and more options. Don't worry the gain channels still clean up like a dream just like the originals but now you also have a dedicated clean channel as well as two different gain modes.
The BE and HBE are your two different gain modes. These have similar tones but one will take you into another level over drive which makes it perfect for all kinds of insane high gain riffing, it even sounds great for metal as well.
That is not all of the control though as you can also use the different bright, fat, saturation and voice switches on top of the already very powerful 3 band EQ on the overdrive channel or 2 band EQ on the clean channel.
Made In The USA
Designed and built by Dave Friedman and his team in California the BE100 is well known for being an incredibly high quality amplifier that sounds great from the moment you turn it on. By using a selection of four 12AX7 preamp valves and four EL34 power valves you get a truly British sound that competes well with anything actually coming out of Britain today.
- 100-Watt all tube head
- Three channels
- Hand-wired in the USA
- 4 x EL-34 power tubes
- 4 x 12AX7 preamp tubes
- Master volume and gain controls
- Full EQ consisting of bass, middle, treble and presence (BE, HBE channel)
- Clean channel featuring volume, treble, bass and 3-way bright switch
- SAT, FAT, C45 and Voice switches create a multitude of unique textures
- Line out with level control
- Ultra transparent series FX loop
- 4, 8 and 16 ohm Impedance Selector Switch
- Custom USA made transformers
- 2 button footswitch with LED's included
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Dimensions: 8.75" (D) x 29.25" (W) x 12.25" (H)
- Weight: 43 lbs.
- Hand Wired in the USA