The highest gain head Bad Cat have ever made. Kitted out with two channels of saturated tube tone and an advanced K Master power amp dial, the Lynx-X is as versatile as it is heavy. A dangerous beast.
The Lynx boasts 40w of pure British style tone, ranging from sparkly high headroom cleans right the way through to drenched distortion and all the crunchy goodness in between. The two EL34 power amp tubes produce a prestigiously tight rhythm, smooth highs and a prominent midrange push. Channel one boasts a two-way toggle, allowing you to select either smooth cleans or a clean-to-heavy crunch.
It’s extremely easy to get the Lynx to saturate and produce rich drive on the high-gain second channel. This is where you’ll find that heavy dose of gain and an outrageously punchy low end.
An original approach to power amp management. The K Master dials control voltage, current gain, harmonic clipping and signal amplitude in order to retain gain levels at any volume. That means whatever volume you set, you’re getting the same responsiveness and presence you’d expect from a loud tube amp.
Wait, it does more! Push the K Master past 2 o’clock to saturate the power section independent of the preamp gain. This opens up even more tonal possibilities, such as big cleans with loads of harmonic content.
- 40 Watt Head (2x EL34s)
- Cathode Biased
- 2 Channels with LED Indicators (Foot Switchable)
- Independent K-Master Volume Circuits for each channel
- Channel 1: Gain, Bass and Treble Controls with mini toggle to select High Clean Headroom or Clean to Heavy Crunch
- Channel 2: Gain, Bass, Mid and Treble Controls to shape the most gain and punchy low end Bad Cat has ever offered
- Global Presence Control
- Effects Loop (Passive)
- Impedance Control selectable for 4, 8, and 16 Ohms