Here's what YouTube guitar teacher JustinGuitar says about EastCoast Guitars
"Having played a lot of budget instruments in recent months, I can confidently say that the EastCoast guitars are by far the best bang for buck I've tried. They all had a "low action" (which means the strings are easier to press down) which is perfect for beginners and means less finger pain and a lot more fun!"
Looking for a high-performance beginner electric guitar that can accelerate the learning process? The EastCoast HM1 is the perfect choice! With a cool contemporary design, the HM1 comes loaded with a bunch of player-friendly features that'll keep you feeling inspired to practice for longer.
The EastCoast HM1 is made for metal and rock music, with its two high-output 'humbucking' pickups delivering a thick and punchy sound. A slim neck and medium jumbo frets make it easier to play fast, while the HM1's Rosewood fingerboard feels luxuriously smooth underneath your fingers.
- Poplar Body — Provides a tight and balanced sound. Poplar is also light, making the HM1 ideal for beginners who want to practice in a standing position without feeling strain on their shoulders.
- Maple Neck — The HM1's neck is very comfortable to play and is made from Maple, which gives the guitar a bright and "snappy" sound. It comes fitted with big frets which make it easy to fret notes cleanly and accurately.
- Rosewood Fingerboard — A stunning material typically used on mid-priced and high-end guitars. It's very silky and adds warmth to the HM1's overall tone.
- Humbucking Pickups — These are the magnetic parts of the guitar that take the vibrations of the strings and direct their sound into an amp. The 'humbuckers' in the HM1 produce a powerful tone, suited for both rhythm and lead guitar playing.
- Volume & Tone Controls — The two dials on the right hand side of the body let you change the tone and volume of the pickups, so you can experiment with their sounds. You'll never get bored of what the HM1 has to offer!
- Dual Fulcrum Tremolo — This type of guitar bridge allows you to use a 'whammy bar' to manipulate the pitch of the strings, from subtle to chaotic!
About EastCoast Guitars
EastCoast produce brilliant starter instruments that come packed with great features to get a beginner going. They really are some of the best low-cost guitars we've come across, especially when compared to others of a similar price! They have a large sweeping range of electric guitars, acoustics, basses and even amplifiers.
- Body Wood: Poplar
- Body Shape: HM1
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Markers: Dot
- Pickups: High-Output EC HM Ceramic Humbuckers
- Controls: Volume, Tone, 3-Way Pickup Selector Switch
- Bridge: Fully-Adjustable, 6-Saddle Dual Fulcrum Tremolo
- Tuners: Enclosed Machine Heads
- Knobs: Knurled Metal
- Hardware Colour: Chrome