Duesenberg Starplayer III in BlackIncludes Case
Duesenberg make some genuinely great looking guitars and the Starplayer III has a real rock attitude to it. In a stunning black with nickel finish hardware it looks sleek and subtle while the pickups kick out some serious power and midrange punch. This guitar doesn't come with a case but they are available hereDuesenberg Feel
The Starplayer TV guitar has a unique sound that you can't really get anywhere else. Part of this comes from its acoustic guitar inspired wood choice of a laminated spruce top with laminated flamed maple back and sides. This not only makes that guitar sound huge when unplugged but it also gives you a unique classic tone that works wonderfully for any clean or crunch tones. The neck is made out of a single piece of maple that is set into the body and carved to a classic 'D' shape. Finishing off the wood choices you have an Indian rosewood fingerboard keeping the playing slick and smooth.Custom Pickup design
This guitar gives you the unique combination of a Domino P90 for bright lead work and a vintage humbucker for deep rhythm sounds. Both pickups are great sounding, you get vintage tone in the bridge and a more modern tone form the neck P90. The PH-90 is a great pickup with hum canceling, combined with the humbucker this gives you great clean tones without that single coil hum. The tremelo arm is subtle, well positioned and feels great to play. All together this is a great sounding guitar.
Here's what Duesenberg have to say about the Starplayer III
Back to the roots! Duesenberg?s success story began 1995 with this light, easy-to-handle and elegant semi-acoustic guitar. The Starplayer III is a reissue of the very first Starplayer model, but equipped with all the features of a modern Duesenberg. Back then with a flat top and back but already with the three-phased Art Deco design that is intentionally reminiscent of the golden era of the E-guitar. The guitar has more Rock-Appeal then the Starplayer TV, due to its flat body, but is otherwise equipped like its big sister.
- Type: traditionally glued in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: indian rosewood
- Radius: 30,5 mm / 12"
- Inlays: pearloid dots
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 650 mm / 25.6"
- Trussrod: steel dual-action
- Headstock: black veneer
- Type: Semi-acoustic with sustain block, bent sides, f-hole
- Top: laminated spruce, flat
- Back, sides: laminated flamed maple, flat
- Size: 46 x 34 x 7 cm / 18.11" x 13.38" x 2.75"
- Binding: cream
- Pickguard: schwarz/gold
- Finish: PUR lacquer (polyester used on sparkle tops). Back and sides trans-black.
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tailpiece: Aluminum stop tailpiece (non-trem models only)
- Tremolo: Duesenberg Deluxe Tremola (trem models only)
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Domino P-90
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg Grand Vintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector
- Tools: all required allen keys (included)
Available For Order
We can special order this item from our supplier
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.