The Duesenberg Paloma is a real "player's guitar". Mixing vintage style with modern functionality, this German-designed instrument can become the ultimate workhorse for live and studio use. Featuring a versatile H/S/S pickup configuration, you can attain a variety of glorious tones from this stylish, retro-esque guitar.
The Paloma is one of just a few solid-body guitars in Duesenberg's catalogue. This means that you can achieve thick tones from the Paloma's Alder body; a material that is popular projecting a strong mid-range punch.
The body is paired with a 1-piece Maple neck, set into the body and carved to a classic 'D' shape. The Maple adds some bright top-end snap that gives notes a clearer and more immediate response, while the neck profile will suit both contemporary and traditional players alike. Finishing off the wood choices, you have an Indian Rosewood fingerboard that feels super-silky under the fingers.
If you have ever played a vintage guitar with a tremolo, it's likely that you would have encountered some serious tuning issues. That's why Duesenberg has sought to provide players with a charming, vintage-style guitar that has a few modern perks.
The Paloma most notably features Duesenberg's ultra-smooth Diamond Deluxe Tremolo. This elegant system is very Bigsby-esque, but allows you to change strings far more easily. The Z-Tuners are also very tasteful; keeping your tuning rock solid while also easing the string-changing process. No more sharp string ends poking out!
Glorious Duesenberg Pickups
The Duesenberg Paloma is unique for another reason, as it is one of the only guitars in the brand's range that features single-coil pickups. With their very own 'Alnico Blade' in the neck position 'Pearlito' in the middle, you can dial in some sparkly F-style sounds; really in their element with clean amp settings.
The 'GrandVintage' bridge pickup is a different affair, emitting a focused PAF-style humbucker tone. Perfect for overdriven blues and rock sounds, this pickup is acclaimed for its clarity and precision.
- Neck Joint: Set-in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood, radius 305 mm / 12"
- Inlays: Pearloid diamonds
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 648 mm / 25.5"
- Trussrod: Steel dual-action
- Headstock: Black veneer
- Type: Solidbody, alder
- Size: 46 x 34 cm / 18" x 13.4"
- Height (sides): 4.2 cm / 1.7"
- Binding: Cream
- Pickguard: Black
- Finish: PUR lacquer
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tremolo: Duesenberg Diamond Deluxe Tremolo, short version
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: Nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Alnico Blade Singlecoil
- Pickup (middle): Duesenberg Pearlito Singlecoil
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg GrandVintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 4-way rotary switch