DSM & Humboldt's flagship Simplifier pedals became instant best-sellers. Offering highly-realistic amp tones and unprecedented tweakability, courtesy of a variety of tone-shaping knobs/switches, DSM & Humboldt's new Silver Linings pedal is in-keeping with their existing lineup and it's arguably one of the most sophisticated drive/preamp boxes we've ever seen!
Designed from scratch, this cutting-edge gain workstation is made specifically for guitarists "searching for the most versatile and useful drive" out there. It adapts to your playing style and works nicely with your existing gear; capable of producing anything from the sweetest clean jazzy whispers, to the gnarliest of high-gain chugs! The range of tones possible rivals that of any digital modeller, but the Silver Linings possesses the immediate response and complex harmonic overtones that only true analogue circuits can deliver.
- Compact chassis for easy integration into your existing pedalboard setup, especially with ergonomic top-mounted jacks.
- Can be powered at 9-18V, with higher voltage increasing headroom for greater dynamic range.
- 3-band EQ allows for precise sound-sculpting, with controls carefully voiced to adapt to different preamps.
- 'Gain' knob features DSM & Humboldt's "Variable Gain Bandwidth" circuit, which keeps the tone tight and clear at any setting.
- 'Style' switch expands the range of the pedal with three different gain structures: Soft, Vintage & Hard.
- 'Mode' toggle turns the Silver Linings into whatever you want it to be; a transparent drive, a powerful preamp or a mid-focused boost.
- Dual boost function with 'Pre Boost' and 'Master Boost' controls let you add gain/compression and extra volume respectively.
- Independent boost footswitch; perfect for sprucing up your clean tone or taking your solos into the stratosphere!
Variable Gain Bandwidth
DSM & Humboldt's proprietary "Variable Gain Bandwidth" circuit ensures that your sound remains musical and mud-free wherever the 'Gain' dial is set, while keeping a controlled noise floor. In combination with the 'Pre Tone' knob, you get an immense level of flexibility since it not only cuts the low-end, but also acts as a "tilt" control which ensures that you get the exact response you want from your guitar's pickups.
Gain 'Style' Switch
- Soft: Has lower gain and softer clipping, emulating that coveted "Tube Screamer into Blackface amp" sound that's perfect for blues leads and pop rhythms.
- Vintage: A unique tone-fattener, creating a thick and full-bodied sound with even harmonics, thanks to asymmetrical clipping. It's a perfect mix of fuzz and distortion that responds to the touch magically!
- Hard: Gives you a modern amp tone, ranging from crystal clean to high-octane metal onslaught.
3 Versatile Modes
- Normal: Essentially imitates a transparent drive, with sparkly highs and solid low-end.
- Preamp: Makes the Silver Linings perfect for using directly into a power amp, without losing high-end clarity. Possesses extra volume to drive the power amp as loud as you want it to be!
- Mid Boost: Accentuates the 800hz range for a punchy response, and smooths the highs for an extra warm and rounded tone.
All About The Boost!
DSM & Humboldt's Silver Linings pedal boasts a dual boost function, with pre and master boost levels. Use the 'Pre Boost' control to eke out more gain and compression, and the 'Master Boost' to increase output. Using them together, you can place your solos at the forefront of a mix with extra sustain and volume — like having a second amp channel! The 'Master Boost' also works independently if the drive is bypassed, meaning that you can use it to boost your clean signal. It's like having two pedals in one!
- Voltage: 9-18V DC, Centre Negative
- Current Draw: 40mA
- Pre Boost: 30dB
- Post Boost: 20dB
- Input Impedance: 500k Ohms
- Output Impedance: 1K ohm
- Weight: 360g
- Dimensions: 9.5 x 12 x 5 cm