Superior Drummer 3 is more than a drum production tool – it’s a virtual studio introducing endless possibilities for you to hone, shape and mould your drums without any thinkable creative restraints. Building on the legacy of its predecessor, Toontrack have redesigned it from the ground up to introduce a completely new and improved workflow, countless added features and an unequalled amount of raw sound material. With Superior Drummer 3, you are in total control. This is a boxed, physical version of the complete software.
Toontrack recorded SD3's vast 230GB library at Galaxy Studios in Belgium, a space famed for having only 14 dBA of environmental noise - literally one of the quietest recording spaces in the world! Renowned production guru George Massenburg combined perfect acoustics, unparalleled recording technology and a wealth of experience to make this one of the most comprehensive, detailed and expressive sample libraries ever released.
The Ultimate Drum Production Studio
Superior Drummer 3 is your one-stop go-to drum plugin to nail pretty much any drum sound, groove or effect for your next track. Not only can you deep-edit the midi-tracks and nail authentic drum sounds - well frankly, some of the best drum sounds available to date - you can also mix them to taste.
You can add bleed from other mics (as this would happen in a real studio) as well as add up to 35 different mixer effects including distortion, modulation and compression.
You can edit the tracks within the software itself with the grid editor. You can drag and drop 3rd party drum samples to get your own sounds if you wish.
You can easily mix and match different drum sounds and different drum kits including acoustic and electro/drum machine sounds.
You can use samples, loops and presets for on the fly writing or to build whole tracks including basic beats and complex fills and grooves.
The creative possibilities on offer are absolutely mind-boggling!
- 230GB+ of raw samples in 44.1KHz / 24-bit (over 12 times the size of SD2)
- 6 drum kit brands with 14 different kit configurations
- Ready for Surround playback (5.1, 9.1 and even 11.1!)
- 16 kicks and 25 snares to choose from
- Approximately 350 drum machine and electronic sounds
- 35 mixer effects
- Presets curated by the likes of Bob Rock, Andy Sneap, George Massenburg and more
- Advanced algorithm for tuning of drums and cymbals
- MIDI groove banks
- Edit Play Style, Tap2Find, Song Creator and Song Track features
- Improved workflow and search functionality
- Scalable interface with keyboard shortcut support
- Customizable mixer layout
- 64-bit Windows 7 or newer, 4 GB RAM (8 GB RAM or more recommended).
- Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, 64-bit Intel-based Mac with 4 GB RAM (8 GB RAM or
- more recommended).
- 64-bit host (with support for VST, AU or AAX). Standalone is included.
- SOFTWARE: Approx. 320 MB download + installation space.
- SOUND LIBRARY: Basic install: Approx. 41 GB download and an additional
- 41 GB for the installation process. Complete install: Approx. 236 GB download
- and an additional 55 GB for the installation process.
- SSD install (optional): Approx. 236 GB pre-installed.